Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Just saw the end of episode ad for the Shogun Assassination arc and it looks hype as gently caress. Oh man oh man oh man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

littleorv posted:

Just saw the end of episode ad for the Shogun Assassination arc and it looks hype as gently caress. Oh man oh man oh man

It is, and it just finished.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm nowhere near that but I pray for the good shogun's safety.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I just finished the Assassination Arc and it was so loving good.

Soooooo loving good

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Also no more Gintama backlog for me to watch :negative:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Also no more Gintama backlog for me to watch :negative:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I read some real :stare: poo poo on the Gintama wiki. Probably shouldn't have done that.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol they do know their audience.

https://twitter.com/yorozuyasoul/status/692936324463071233

Geez, March 2 is kinda packed. The OP and ED are both out then too.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
And in other news, someone's apparently translated bits of the 2013 live event. Sorachi's bit where he makes fun of all the male VAs and talks about how much he loves Maaya Sakamoto is my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC3GbGteZZc

"If you say anything bad, I will find you."

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I too love Maaya Sakamoto. Sorachi has good taste.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Oh man this new arc is looking really good. If only I started Gintama 8 weeks later I wouldn't have to deal with the week to week wait :negative:

Aya Hirano :swoon:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Oh man this new arc is looking really good. If only I started Gintama 8 weeks later I wouldn't have to deal with the week to week wait :negative:

Aya Hirano :swoon:

Remember when she first showed up and you didn't recognize it was her.

Funnily enough, this arc's first chapter was also when they announced the anime's return in Jump.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

Remember when she first showed up and you didn't recognize it was her.

Ah yes, the rhetorical question. Very powerful.

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
Man, Gintama is in full on feel bad mode now :(

I don't like how things are setting up.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What's the deal with the movies. The op says there's 4, so my question is when is the best time to watch them if i'm watching all the episodes in order?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Huh, there are only 2 movies though.

The Benizakura movie can outright replace the Benizakura arc since it's just a merger of all the episodes and the Yorozuya Forever movie can be watched after the first Yoshiwara arc. That more or less gets you up to speed with all the characters in the Yorozuya Forever movie

Edit: If you want a better place to start watching the Yorozuya Forever movie, it would have to be after the second Yoshiwara arc.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 9, 2016

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

mabels big day posted:

What's the deal with the movies. The op says there's 4, so my question is when is the best time to watch them if i'm watching all the episodes in order?

I can argue for watching them for watching now in production order (one after each series, so episodes 201 and 265). They love talking up the movies in the TV series, so there's some joke continuity between them. It's by all means not necessary though. InfinityComplex is referring to the earliest you can watch them while knowing who all the characters are.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

I can argue for watching them for watching now in production order (one after each series, so episodes 201 and 265). They love talking up the movies in the TV series, so there's some joke continuity between them. It's by all means not necessary though. InfinityComplex is referring to the earliest you can watch them while knowing who all the characters are.

thank you. i'm on like episode 189 or something so I'll get to that point soon.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Camus

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
shogun assassination arc was good, and cool

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kazuhiko Inoue says heaven with the same inflection every time, I love it.

Also, unrelated but I thought this was cute:

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
So I just marathoned the newest season.. I love how this show can go from "every main character literally turns into poop" to grimdark bloodbath in the blink of an eye. :monocle:

agatona
Oct 29, 2010

Slugnoid posted:

So I just marathoned the newest season.. I love how this show can go from "every main character literally turns into poop" to grimdark bloodbath in the blink of an eye. :monocle:

Exactly. I've been holding off on catching up. I was rewatching everything from the beginning before watching the 2015 season. I finally gave in and just finished the Shogun Assassination arc.

I will miss Sho-chan. Tears are flowing right now. It will be bittersweet watching Sho-chan's episodes in my rewatch. I need a break from all these sadnness. I miss my wacky Gintama. Great arc though. Love the action, all the fights. Blood everywhere!

My favorite character is Gintoki because of his personality, great VA and his character design. And I agree with another poster here that my favorite relationship is between Gintoki and Kagura.

I really don't want to wait week on week for the next episode so I am trying not to begin watching the next arc. But I am weak.

agatona fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Feb 23, 2016

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I just finished the Renho arc.

why do i keep falling for the fakeouts of this show. I was totally going to post about how sad it was Elizabeth was gone and then i got past the end credits. God dammit. gently caress. Youve gotta be kidding me

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Is this the longest running arc for the show? I know the arc has kinda morphed, but it sill feels to revolve around the Shogun.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Is this the longest running arc for the show? I know the arc has kinda morphed, but it sill feels to revolve around the Shogun.

It's two different arcs, that's why this one has a different name. They're just consecutive serious arcs, which happens to be unprecedented.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mabels big day posted:

I just finished the Renho arc.

why do i keep falling for the fakeouts of this show. I was totally going to post about how sad it was Elizabeth was gone and then i got past the end credits. God dammit. gently caress. Youve gotta be kidding me

I did the same thing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This is a good arc so far, but everything about Shogun Assassination arc was amazing

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Strange Quark posted:

It's two different arcs, that's why this one has a different name. They're just consecutive serious arcs, which happens to be unprecedented.

Ah, makes sense.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I hope everyone is looking forward to the flashback episode next week.

*preview spoiler but just being safe.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I'm waiting patiently for the reveal of the series' stupidest plot twist and the reaction of all the anime only fans.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol the full version of Acchi Muite is out and it has a verse that's just listing the Japanese eras from Edo to Heisei.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
https://my.mixtape.moe/edssdc.webm
Spoilers but really amazing movie if you haven't seen it

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-08/current-gintama-tv-anime-to-end-this-month/.99534

Sad news, gintama 2015/16 is ende this month

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can't believe it's finally ending, and will never be back on the air in a year or two to finish off the last arc of the manga.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I'm glad it stopped to buffer here

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

It's a bit mean that they're stopping on that cliffhanger, but what else can you do. They would've caught up with the manga in no time if they keep adapting five chapters per episode.

Now to wonder what the hell they're using this track for

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Next week is going to be epic. I can feel it.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
I want the love potion arc to air now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

So when is this thread going to start having shipping wars? I'll start us off.

Tsukki X Gintoki

• Locked thread