Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

bull3964 posted:

If your issue seems to be with Messages, I've noticed those can be wonky if you haven't actually launched the standalone messages app for WearOS. So if you haven't done that, I would try it.

I tried that, then someone texted me (via RCS if that matters) and no vibrate :( Not even a notification dot on the watch. I could use the crown/swipe to scroll to the notifications and the text was there, but no alert for it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'll try those things and see what happens. I have no idea wtf. Makes it kind of a useless smartwatch :(

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Rap Game Goku posted:

Do you have "do not disturb when face down" turned on, on your phone and is your phone face down when you don't get them?

I do have that enabled, but I tested disabling it and no change.

I also factory reset the watch and deleted/re-installed the Pixel Watch app. No change. Specifically Google Messages is the problem, still. This is so annoying and pretty much a dealbreaker for this watch :(

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

I do have that enabled, but I tested disabling it and no change.

I also factory reset the watch and deleted/re-installed the Pixel Watch app. No change. Specifically Google Messages is the problem, still. This is so annoying and pretty much a dealbreaker for this watch :(

Oh my god. I think I solved this. Google Messages (and Google Messages only) notifications will not alert on the watch if I'm connected to wifi on the watch. If I'm bluetooth only, text/RCS notifications work again.

What the gently caress.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

bull3964 posted:

That's strange, notifications should still come through if you are cloud connected.

It's solely Google Messages, I just tried turning wifi on/off and did some testing and confirmed. No notifications if it's on wifi, works perfectly if on bluetooth only. What a stupid thing.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Okay I'm trying again. Factory reset my Pixel Watch 2, uninstalled/reinstalled the Pixel Watch app on my 8 Pro, started from total scratch, and I still have the same problem. Google Messages notifications do not vibrate/popup on the watch. They don't show the "new notification" dot on the bottom of the screen. If I swipe to see notifications, they're there! But there's no indication of a text arriving.

It's incredibly annoying how broken this is, and I have zero clue why. I've checked every setting on both the watch and phone.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

bull3964 posted:

At this point, I almost think it's something wrong with the messages app on your phone if it survived a factory reset. I can't say I've ever had that issue and I've moved my Pixel Watch 2 between 3 different phones.

This is exclusively a Pixel Watch problem too, my Garmin works fine. I don't get it. Here are my Google Messages settings:

(blanked out spots are just people I've set as "priority" conversations so I see their display pic in the notification bar)

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Thanks for the tips all of you. Last night, I tried modifying the notification settings, popup did nothing, but when I went to the notification sound setting which said "none" for Google Messages, it showed this:

I changed it to "default (none)" and it loving started working. Messages notifications started working on the watch!!!

Fast forward to this morning. I changed nothing else. It stopped again, broken again. SIGH. There's clearly a bug here of some kind that I'm guessing I can't fix short of a factory reset of my phone which I just don't want to do right now.

loving hell this is weird.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

if I record a walk/bike/hike/etc on a Pixel Watch 2, is it possible to export the KML file of that activity? I can't find anything in the Fitbit app for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

bull3964 posted:

If you go to Fitbit on the web, you can export a TCX for an activity. That may have all the data you are looking for, but I haven't really gone into it.

That's actually a lot better because TCX files can contain biometric (ie. HR) data as well as the GPS tracks. Thank you!!!