Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I have a Fitbit Versa 2 and it's OKAY but I already had to replace this drat thing once by invoking my state's lemon law (4 years) because it died after 2 years (and fitbit refused to repair it because it was out of their 1y warranty), so I'm thinking of trading in the (now working replacement) Versa 2, which I got replaced in January, so I'm a little nervous it's gonna break again or something.

I can get $100 tradein so it'd only be $250

a little concerned about the battery life tho...my fitbit versa 2 I can go several days without having to worry to charge it, but I don't use AOD at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Meanwhile I get bugged to charge my versa 2 once a week and that's annoying, I guess we'll see if I can stand having to take the watch off constantly, I don't need aod

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

looks like so far the battery lasts a day and a half for me before I have to charge it again...not great to have to keep taking the watch off and on, it's gonna wear out the silicone straps, and they're $50 and if you want metal mesh it's up to $200 for the straps like

what. You've gotta be loving with me. There's a magnetic metal mesh strap on amazon for $10

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

i went to bed after charging it to 100, and 9-10 hours later? it's currently at 76%

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

is there a way to get into the pixelwatch2 settings easily? I have to google the app and then open it within my android but I can't really see what the hell app it's supposed to be through

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

You just.. go to the settings on the watch? Or open the "Watch" app on your phone?

oh the app is literally ONLY called "watch"? thanks google i hate it

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

is there any other watch faces other than the ones provided? they're all kinda boring

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is there a medication app that works through the Pixel Watch 2 that's similar to how iOS has a medication reminder system on their watch?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I wonder if you can install that on the Pixel 8 instead of a Samsung device

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Pixel 8 and PW2 don't do that...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Tbh I'm a bit underwhelmed by it coming from a Fitbit versa 2.it can do more but I don't think that justifies the garbage battery life. Gimme a heavier watch where the battery lasts a week and I'll change my tune

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

bull3964 posted:

You are going to need something the size of pipboy to get week long battery life from any smart watch platform.

You're not saying anything that is dissuading me here

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is anybody else have trouble charging their pixel watch 2? I have to reseat the drat thing so many times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

hark posted:

I thought I was going insane. I bought a new charger and it worked better for a week and then it is suddenly just as bad. I fuckin hate it. The pixel watch 1 never had this problem, for me at least.

it's so incredibly frustrating

i'll put the thing on the charger

it acts as it it's charging

i check a few hours later and it went down 15% or more instead

?????