Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My G Watch R is still available lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Motorola screwed up by announcing the 360 way too early last time. Maybe they learned something.

Maybe, just maybe, they're making sure they have enough to sell when it is released too (lol no)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Time for my bi-monthly "the 360 looked almost too small on me" post

Much more comfortable with the Urbane, though the slight tint difference between my band and watch is driving me crazy (not really visible in this pic)

I had someone notice it was a smart watch for the first time the other day; all it took was sitting next to me on a plane for 1,000 miles

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Three Olives posted:

How on earth did the metal band on your G R almost fit me?

You sure it wasn't looping around your wrist twice?

Also pro tip, add an L ahead of the .jpg on imgur images to make them not stupid big/or stupid small size.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I've been going to the gym a lot lately and wouldn't even consider wearing my Urbane. Comfort over silly inaccurate stats any day.

edit: oh and in OCD news I got another strap online to try to match the Urbane (i.e. more glossy)... and it is not quite matching enough to satisfy me still

That photo arguably makes the current strap look better. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Aug 8, 2015

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I have zero interest in a 360-2 with a flat tire. I like Huawei, but it is not really different enough from my Urbane, so I guess I will stop buying every single watch for a while.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Oh that's just from my lingering pheromones.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

They're not selling well or changing much from watch to watch. The watches need better aesthetics and marketing more than anything, can't believe how boring that Fossil is.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

taqueso posted:

Does Fossil have any watches that aren't boring? That isn't a name I'd expect to be pushing the envelope.

A quick google search found the usual assortment of ornate gaudy things

The one they showed is pretty much exactly a 360-2.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Rastor posted:

:google: seems pretty squarely aiming at some of the Apple Watch design/marketing with this one...

Another useless gimmick. This on the other hand I can see using all the time, google voice translate flips the text so you can show people.

In my city it's almost more common for people to not speak English than speak it so this is great.

Chinese is not the best demo choice though since most of us can't even tell when it's upside down.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ixian posted:

The LG Urbane has dropped to under $300 and Android Wear 1.3 is out for it. Tell me if I am a lunatic for getting one.

I'm 6'3, 230 pounds with large-ish wrists so the size doesn't really bother me. Anyone have one? How is it as a watch? Reviews seem pretty decent. The Huawei Watch gets a lot of press as does the Moto 2 but neither are actually out and by the time they hit there will probably be something else a few months away too - I don't subscribe to the Wait For The Next Big Thing movement but I do like to wait for the second or third pass at new tech and the Urbane looks like a contender with Wear 1.3.

I think I'm the only one here with the Urbane. I think it's better than every other smartwatch, by a mile internally (close to the GWR for obvious reasons) and on par with the 360 aesthetically. I've owned most of them. I am having trouble getting a steel band to match tint perfectly, but that's about it. I don't think Huawei or 360-2 are worth waiting for either, although I've had my Urbane for a long time now.

Here's how it looks on my large-ish wrist

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ixian posted:

How is it in bright sunlight/outdoors? I read it doesn't have an ambient light sensor?

It's as bright as anything else but I wouldn't call it good. On super bright days it can be hard to see. Apparently the Sony SW3 is the best for that but I've never used it. Ambient light sensor is more for dark situations when you don't want a flashlight on your wrist. It's nice but not worth a flat tire IMO.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Won't be selling my Urbane for that much since I just put a permanent scratch in the metal bezel with my wood desk drawer. :( And I thought the band was driving me crazy.

edit: near the minute hand :qq: :qq: :qq:

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 25, 2015

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Three Olives posted:

My GWR had a nick on the screen you bastard.

srs? I still have the photos I took, here's a 2,000 pixel wide shot of the screen

http://i.imgur.com/1oRTSrh.jpg

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Aw poo poo, an Android Wear Urbane LTE may be hard to ignore. I always preferred that design. The Canadian dollar has dropped 25% since I last bought a watch though so they better put it on the Play store.

A visual reminder

I hope they rename it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ixian posted:

Are you talking about some new, unannounced Urbane LTE along with a new version of Android Wear?

Or are you unaware the LTE model doesn't run Wear, it runs a custom varient of WebOS. Android Wear doesn't support LTE radios. The LTE model is completely different, different apps, everything.

Also, it's thicker and heavier because it has a huge battery that doesn't last as long thanks to LTE. I can see the appeal of it, maybe, but proper LTE for wearables is a while off, I think.

The CNET article posted above says they're going to announce a Wear version at IFA.

quote:

LG, meanwhile, is expected to release a smartwatch similar to its LG Watch Urbane LTE, which the company showed off in March. The Urbane LTE ran on software called WebOS, which LG purchased from Hewlett-Packard to use on its own products; the new version will run on Android Wear.

The LTE thing isn't important to me, I always have my phone. I just like the looks. Chunky huge watches are great.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Probably? I wouldn't want to try it myself, what kind of profession does that?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Qi charging on watches is overrated. It provides the same experience as plunking the watch down on a magnetic pad.

Glad they're not pre-ordering in Canada yet so I'm not tempted to grab one before the others debut at IFA this weekend.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

OK that I get. I only have one tylt vu for my phone.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Seems like most people will be choosing between flat tire and light sensor vs always on full circle. Otherwise the watches are nearly identical. I hope Huawei doens't forget about Canada like Moto does.

Still wanna see dat Urbane LTE style Android Wear watch though. I've been very happy with LG's smartwatches and feel more comfortable with them than Huawei.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Kakairo posted:

Funny, Moto's new watchface is very much like the one I designed for myself in Pujie Black.

Yeah seeing that must have been a bit of a "what the hell" moment for the Pujie Black dev. Especially since he's one of the few who did something new instead of just ripping off existing faces/looks.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The Huawei Watch (which I will now call Huatch from now on because gently caress that name) is now on Canadian Google Play for $558 after tax... Yowza. And only steel colour with the mesh band, which is OK but not my top choice.

For comparison, I paid around $400 each to import the GWR and Urbane on day one for Korea, well before even US launch, from Seoul.

About the same to import a 360 from Murica six months before it came out here.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

hooah posted:

I like the idea of the easily-swappable bands on the new 360, but it seems like the little nub might rub on your wrist. I would be surprised if it did, since I'd think that would be a very obvious thing, especially if they did any wear testing at all, but I'll reserve judgement until someone here gets one.

That easy release nub is becoming a pretty common thing these days, I wouldn't worry. Just noticed the Huawatch has it too (00:45 in the video below)... I'm going to end up buying this stupid thing if someone doesn't leak some LG news soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9WtF201CWY

edit: after investigating more it looks like LG isn't going to release any new watches at IFA. Forgot how late it was in Berlin already.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 3, 2015

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

bull3964 posted:

Gen 1 looks small on my wrist.

I'm a bit worried a Huatch will look small on mine considering it's smaller than the other big names.

Am I the only Huatch fan? Huat do huo think

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yeah I've become used to accidentally choosing new watch faces when I tuck in my shirt in the back.

Three Olives posted:

God drat it.

Wanna buy an Urbane? :P

And jesus christ what did you do

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

This guy somehow got his hands on two Huatches a while ago and does a good review. I am fully onboard the Huawei train, gently caress money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d29_yXZQIU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Skywalker OG posted:

I'm asking this because I have the G Watch and it's a bit stuttery. Would performance be any better on these new ones if they're using the same soc?

Every new watch runs better than the g watch.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

ugh those lugs are so gauche

Actual goon.

Edit: in a shocking development, Motorola didn't completely forget about Canada this time. Many versions of the new 360 available for pre order at best buy: http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/SearchResults.aspx?path=ca77b9b4beca91fe414314b86bb581f8en20&query=moto+360

$380 to $500 :canada:

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 8, 2015

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Someone secretly taped my wife and I with our new Huatches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ln1EbczKHw

That seems like something that could go horribly wrong. I'd rather just pay a pro.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Tunga posted:

My 2014 360 is black/black and it's generally unscathed despite me bashing it into walls and poo poo a bunch of times, so I'm not too concerned about that. I also find it a bit boring to look at, like it looks a bit too much like a gadget rather than a watch, hence my consideration of some silver.

I like the silver one. Black watches don't look as nice in general IMO.

My silver Huawei Watch will supposedly be shipped tomorrow. We'll see if Google Store Canada can be a bit more reliable than they were with the Nexus 6...

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Rastor posted:

Huawei Watch vs. Moto 360 2015. Lots of pictures included.

Basically "pay $50 to have the flat tire removed."

I can understand why it may be a bit more difficult for those who actually have access to motomaker in their country, or really really love qi charging, but otherwise...

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I definitely wouldn't mind a light sensor but surely they can do it with a full circle? Can't they stick it through a hole on the side?

I just put my watch in theatre mode in the car at night, etc, would rather do that and have a full circle.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

360 v2 looks pretty great here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJd-kWJ-88M

I'd prefer it over the Huatch if it was full circle.

I will have my Huatch on Friday.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Huatch review from pocket now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGYbUi7XuyY

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

That photo is a joke. He's not resting it flat on his wrist like the 360 and the band is not fitted so of course it looks worse. Why do people feel the need to do this?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My Huatch is waiting at home for me right now. I'll post a photo that compares to the one on the right.

Those are like Three Olives sized wrists.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Here's how it looks on me, unfitted, but sitting properly on my wrist. I can recreate his photo by putting on my wrist bone too.

Very first impressions, very nice build quality but almost too small - but I come from g-shocks and other ginormo watches. Definitely happy with it

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yeah, I see it, but coming from the Urbane it's miniscule. :) I'm very happy so far. Taking the links out was stressful as hell since I suck at it, must've accidentally turned the screen on at least four times, but I'm glad I got the steel link because it looks incredible.

Other thoughts:

-The charger is garbage compared to LG's ones, and of course Moto's. Too small and no guidance to help you line up the pins. The GWR/Urbane charger was no worse than the 360's, as far as "just place it down to charge," but this one is a step down.

-The vibration is bad compared to the Urbane, which I guess comes with being considerably smaller. Not sure if this is gonna be an issue yet.

-Screen is the best yet, leaps and bounds ahead of all older AW watches, and it seems to run smoother than every other AW watch I've tried too.

-Face selection is much better than LG's, and the "dim" mode on most is really great. Looks like real dials.

One more photo to show off the screen

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I can't get a link size that I'm happy with on the huatch. Either too tight or too loose, and there's no additional adjustment like very other metal band I've had. I love the watch in general but this is almost a deal breaker.

Is there some way to make small changes to butterfly clasps that I'm missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ugh... I was gonna refuse delivery on this but my link strap sizing issues got me to open it and try it. It's a no brainer improvement as far as comfort/fit goes but I don't like the look as much, even though it looks great.