Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Really happy with the watch. Had to immediately throw a black band on it though as the off white one does not look great on my off white skin.

My camera makes the white colour face a lot less vibrant for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Apparently I have 85.5lbs of skeletal muscle. That sounds.... good?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Disappointing to see the weather "complication" still doesn't update unless you force it, like my og galaxy watch. Weather that is 10 hours behind is useless in a place where it can change 20 degrees/40f in a few hours.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

bull3964 posted:

I haven't had an issue with that. Did you change the update frequency in the Galaxy Wearable app to the minimum of 1 hour?

I just now literally watched the complication change to a different temp on the AoD.

Where is that option? I can't find it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

bull3964 posted:

Wearable App, Apps, Apps Setting, Weather, Settings

Ahh thank you.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

"moon units"

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BabyFur Denny posted:

I assumed bull3964 is from outside the US and imperial is the default?

No he is a true blue yankee doodle. I am the international man of mystery, moving from Canada to New Zealand to Australia to Canada to Australia.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My 2014 breitling was used and still flawless. I've bumped it a few times on doorknobs and no marks. Not sure what magic they use but I'm sure it's expensive.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

sourdough posted:

Dunno if battery is worse with the new one, but I had the 40 mm active 2 and battery was fine. Similar use, about an hour of gps for biking or running, always on display (but no raise to wake), continuous heart rate, and always got through the day with like 30-40% left. Definitely a charge every day watch, but at least for me it was good enough to wear all day, overnight for sleep tracking, then charge in the morning before work.

Tizen always had better battery life than wear os but my watch 4 classic 46mm has no issues.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Finally calibrated the blood pressure monitoring on my watch 4 classic, which requires three tests with a real blood pressure monitor, and the watch readings are now bang on with my absurdly expensive real BP monitor. Pretty impressive and maybe the first thing that could "trap" me with Samsung rather than freely moving around between Android phones.

Although I know there is a hack to use it on Pixels etc.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

v1ld posted:

Ah, thanks for confirming that. The Tizen-specific info is confusing when searching around for this stuff.

I assume you did this without installing the BP Lab 2.0 app on the Watch 4 Classic? Will dig into this more tonight.

I just needed the Samsung health monitor app on my phone. (Australia)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

It's pretty much the only time something has been allowed in Australia and not in America. Besides prostitution and saying the c word I guess.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Does the watch 4 not show the whole text message text on the watch when paired with pixel? This seems to have stopped since I switched from Samsung. Used Google messages on both.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

bull3964 posted:

Did you make sure to reinstall Messages on the watch when you reset it?

It was installed but had to allow some permissions on the watch after tapping it. Hopefully that fixes it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Seems it works now but only if I tap on the messages logo. Some sort of privacy setting? I only get the sender name. Same as slack.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

bull3964 posted:

Do you have Watch Settings->Notifications-> Advanced notification settings-> Show with details flipped on?

I did not, thanks, that was probably it.

Nice to be the one getting tech support for once.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Looks like Jon Prosser's leak about the Pixel watch back in April was probably correct.

https://twitter.com/dohyun854/status/1467273439690248195?t=w2MTBHmytwMhtHp3Ozt94A&s=19]

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Len posted:

I mean if you predict it's coming long enough you'll be right eventually. The things been a constant rumor since before the lg style and sport were officially announced

He leaked the exact design several months ago. I know Prosser's personality is insufferable but he has legit inside sources. Also nailed the Pixel 6 pro design and tons of Apple stuff.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Combat Pretzel posted:

I'm not entirely sure whether I even like that Pixel Watch design. And I say that as an Apple Watch owner, a device that has also rounded edges. But that circular version looks just weird.

Yeah, I'm not a fan.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Prosser is now saying the pixel watch will launch on May 26th.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm being tempted by the Tag Heuer Connected E4 that comes out in March. Someone (ie bull) talk me out of it. Price isn't an issue as I just sold my Breitling which cost more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKIv-kucfcw

Specifically this variant, which I think is the best looking smart watch on the market by far.

It's still not wear os 3 (update promised whenever Samsung loses their exclusivity) but is 3 even important? Doesn't seem much different.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yeah.... I think I got it out of my system already. The resale value is terrible and older models didn't even last a full day apparently.

Edit: I work across the street from a Tag Heuer store though so will take a look at onr in person in March just to satisfy my curiosity.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Feb 19, 2022

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Seems excessive.

I'm more interested to see if they go with Exynos. If Qualcomm can't keep up it's gonna kill a lot of options.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Welp. Guess I'm rich *and* stupid

Tag Heuer Connected Calibre E4, released today.

First impressions coming from a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 classic:

-Best looking case on a smartwatch
-Best screen (both for appearance and touch) on a smartwatch
-Zippiest hardware on a smartwatch
-Best built in custom faces on a smartwatch
-Best, most comfortable band on a smartwatch
-Best unboxing experience on a smartwatch
-So glad to ditch all the Galaxy jank
-Mediocre but perfectly usable charging stand
-Tag Heuer fitness apps are really nice looking and well designed but a bit redundant with Google Fit

Worth the money? Absolutely not. It should be a little bit more than the watch 4 classic, not four times as much. But drat it looks purdy.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Bit concerned about the always on clock while charging the Tag. It's really bright and doesn't seem to move around/refresh like phone AOD. Hope they thought about that or it's gonna be burn in city

Also i retract my comment about the dock being mediocre. It's quite nice with strong magnets. Just took some time to get used to.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Prosser's may 26th prediction looking promising.

Hopefully all the other 4100+ watches get wear os 3 at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Pixel watch would probably look as dumb as the moto 360 on me