Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
So what's sending weather notifications to my Moto 360? I'm using weather timeline and it works fine, but there's always a second notification with weather info on the watch. The only thing I can do with it is swipe right to open weather.com.
There's no option to block like on other notifications.
I've tried blocking pretty much everything with weather in its name from sending notifications to the watch but it keeps happening.
It's really annoying to have two weather cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Huh. Yeah that makes sense. I'd probably have to disable weather in Google Now completely to get rid of it right?

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
I cant exactly say that i would miss the flat tire on a 360-2 (They should call it the 720) but it doesnt really bother me. Its smaller than i feared (this goes for the whole 360) and after a couple of days you just stop noticing it.

I'm also pretty loving excited about potential Wifi connectivity on the 360.

Shai-Hulud fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 20, 2015

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Reverse Centaur posted:

Urbane battery at 50% after 12.5 hours of heavy usage/always on full brightness screen for anyone who cares. Wifi is also on.

Also redditors still downvote anything that doesn't declare the Moto 360 to be the best watch to ever exist forever and always. Gotta love those guys, you'd think they'd be over it by now.

I mean, i really like my 360 after a week or two of use, but you'd have to be pretty dense to not see ist flaws.

Is the Wifi working well on the urbane(that loving Name)? I like the thought of not having to have my phone in bluetooth range to me all the time.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Len posted:

There's no way to control Spotify on my Tablet with the watch paired to my phone is there?

Im streaming from my ipad to my stereo via bluetooth. My android phone can control what music the ipad plays and i can control my android phone from my watch. Only play/pause/volume though. It also feels loving ridiculous stringing half a dozen devices together like that.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Not as far as i can tell. The phones not really streaming or doing anything except for showing you whats playing and letting you change it. The tablets still doing all the work and the phone is just a remote.
ymmv though, its android after all.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
5.1.1 is rolling out now for the LG G Watch and the G Watch R:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/05/19/the-android-wear-5-1-1-rollout-has-begun-for-the-lg-g-watch-and-g-watch-r/

Theres also a direct download for the G Watch R if you are frantically tapping your update button and nothing's happening:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/05/20/heres-the-ota-url-for-android-wear-5-1-1-on-the-g-watch-r/

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
So which watch faces are you guys using? I'm using Pujie black, but im looking for something with lighter colors.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Circle, 360 to be precise.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, you just need to open the wear app and theres a drop down menu on the top left where you can switch watches. Its pretty easy.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Hm i think i killed my 360. Took it swimming earlier and a couple of hours later it just shut down and wont boot up anymore. It has a crack on the back (from normal wear, what the hell motorola?) so that probably compromised the seal that makes it waterproof.
I had it randomly shut down a couple of days ago but putting it on the charger fixed it. No luck this time :/

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

dissss posted:

I guess I was confused - the Cloud Sync option is there and I thought it was working

Yeah they put the Option in the Wear App before they even rolled out the 5.1 update.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Since my 360 is out for repair I started to notice how nice a wristwatch is. I don't want to pull out my phone just to check the time dammit!

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
But now I can also draw a poop emoji on my watch! Worth the couple hundred years wait!

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Welp i've got my 360 back. Looks as good as new! Might be because they just put a new one on the old strap and called it a day.
But i've gotten these neat pictures of the damage:

Looks a lot like water damage on this waterproof watch!

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a way to prevent my watch from vibrating when the alarm in my phone goes off? I tried blocking notifications from the watch app but that doesnt do anything. Moto X Style and 360.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

AppleCider posted:

Somehow I missed the fact that the Huawei watch is 42mm. That catapults it into first place for me.

How well does Android Wear handle Spotify? My car only has a 3.5mm auxiliary jack, so if I want to change tracks I would have to wait until I've stopped. I would love to be able to quickly change tracks with minimal distraction using the watch.

Its pretty good. You can pause/play from a persistent notification. One swipe gets you to a simple skip/ volume control screen, another one even let's you maneuver through your music.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
You could also turn of bluetooth before going to bed!

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
I've just ordered a 360-2. I've been using my 1st gen 360 for some time now and am pretty happy with it except for battery life.
And as soon as it switches to battery saver mode its seemingly random if it reacts to touch or movement at all. So i think ill be pretty happy with the better battery life on the 360-2.
Also, my wife hates the all black 360 i got now so i can switch to a silver/brown leather one.
Everybody wins!

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
For a moment there i was really pissed of.

Motorola just dropped the price for the 360 42mm 50€ and for the 46mm 100€ and i just ordered the loving thing.
But then i talked with Motorola and they ensured me that they will refund me the difference as soon as i get the watch.
I'm calm now.

Edit: Oh yeah sorry, price drop only applicable in germany.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
So, first impression on the 2015 Moto 360 after owning the first gen 360.

Comes with everything activated which is nice cause i always forget to activate ambient display and get mad when my watch doesnt react the way i expect, the leather is softer which is nice, the button is way clickier than the old one which was terible and mushy.
The new lugs are nice too, it just follows the curve of the arm better than the old one which always seemed to stick out a lot.
Cant say much about battery life or performance yet.
It seems to be what the first one should have been all along.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
My 2015 Moto 360 just got bumped to 6.0.1. Is there anything new and exciting about marshmallow? I mean, I can now disconnect my watch from a phone without wiping it and the permissions handling is more detailed but that seems so be pretty much it.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
So it looks like that with the latest update to the "clock" app the vibrate switch for alarms disables both phone and watch vibration which is loving awesome. It was really annoying to disable vibrate and have your watch happily vibrate away every morning anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Do you still need to do that? Theres a button to unbind your watch from the phone now but I don't know if you can just bind it to a "new" phone without wiping it.
Not that its a big deal.