Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

ja_raul posted:

I just checked at a Costco in Vancouver, Canada and the staff said it was only a 90 day to 1 year return/exchange policy.

In the usa SOME electronics are 90 days like TVs and computers. But monitors for example are not limited to 90 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

RVProfootballer posted:

Pretty sure late 90s/early 2000s, before everyone had a home computer, they let people return PCs years later. Why would you think Costco, or any company, is immune from making mistakes? Especially when it comes to a new product category.

Before 2007 it was 6m for PCs and no limit on TVs. Fun fact if you have a TV from before the change you can still return it. Saw someone return a console TV last month.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

ja_raul posted:

So thermopyle: are you actually planning on exchanging the 360 in the future when another watch looks more appealing just assuming that what they told you is accurate, or does your receipt actually state a "return whenever" line? Not trying to be sassy here, but I haven't been sold on getting a smartwatch yet but this Costco deal eases my hesitation of being dissapointed with 1st gen hardware, as sleazy as it is.
Edit: I could just as easily get it from the states as I'm heading there this weekend, so not a biggie if Canada has a different policy.

quote:

We are pleased to offer what we believe is one of the best return policies in the industry.
If you are not completely satisfied with your Costco purchase, simply return the product to any Costco warehouse. Please include the product packaging if you have it, although we do not require it for a return to be processed. We also prefer that you provide your original receipt, but if it is not available, we will do our best to process your return without it.

To keep our costs low, we must insist that the following be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touchscreen tablets, MP3 players and cell phones.

Any electronics not in the 90 day list are the regular return policy.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Found a 42mm black/black Moto 360 2015 at bestbuy. Can verify it charges on my regular old qi chargers regardless of what moto says.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

hotsauce posted:

I don't know, really, but based on what the internet suggests, it will not. For example, it won't lay flat, so charging on the Qi pads you already have won't work. I think the lugs prevent it from working in the OG 360 Qi dock (and flat pads).

If this is true, it's as bad as the Huawei proprietary charger. Qi is no longer a ubiquitous feature on the gen2 360.

I had it charging on my lg lcw300 puck

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Yea I think it's not actually charging. Just thinks it is but sits too far off. I'll see how fast it charges tonight.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

What gift card offer?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

I get up at 7am with my watch and at 1am its about dead with pretty heavy use including gps and wifi enabled. On a 42mm. You shouldn't be worried about battery.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

bull3964 posted:

Got my RMA'd 360 back today and they sent a fully boxed refurb which is nice. A fully boxed product will make it a ton easier to sell. That also means I have a 2nd charger.

Anyone with a new and old 360 want to give the official word on the old chargers with the new (preferably 46mm) watches? Moto says they won't work, some people say they do.

The tech is the same, The problem comes with the lugs not being flush with the bottom. So the back may not touch the qi surface

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

concise posted:

Moto 360 gen 2 has standalone GPS?

Sorry, gps paired with the phone

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

concise posted:

Ah, got it. What do you use it for? Maps on all the time?

Lots of trips to customers homes so i ok google navigate through the watch.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Yep, its the glue still curing.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Selling a new in box 42mm black 360

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744987&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

This is a different one. Still factory sealed

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

5TonsOfFlax posted:

Are these cracked 360s first or second generation? I was considering getting a 2nd gen, but not if this is an ongoing problem.

First gen. the first gen the bands clipped into the plastic back. the 2nd gen has metal lugs

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Your phone should show what is using battery

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Swapped my moto 360 for a huawei. Holy moly it's so much nicer and higher quality feeling. Don't miss the light sensor either.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Reverse Centaur posted:

One of us... My only criticisms are the aforementioned link strap sizing issues and not as good ok google recognition. Like not bad but my N6 will hear me before my watch as I raise my voice, whereas on LG watches I could whisper.

I'm using the leather band which is very comfortable. OK Google seems to work better than on the 360 as well

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

JayKay posted:

Is there anyway to bypass the "Place on Charger" screen when resetting/setting up a 360?

Swipe left

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Runs on dcell batteries

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Does everyone stand up and clap?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Three Olives posted:

hopefully it's a software issue that they can get sorted out pretty quickly.

Doesn't seem like it if they are pulling the product off shelves and may never sell it.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Reverse Centaur posted:

Good news: Huawei is fixing the poor mic sensitivity for "ok google" with their OTA update this week.

Bad news: Huawei can't fix the god-awful charger with an OTA update and I will continue to accidentally not charge. Luckily it still usually lasts two full days.

install Slumber.

It blacks out the screen when charging. Makes it obvious when you are charging and helps prevent burn in

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

The thing is probably made by motorola.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If that doesn't work super slam it onto the ground.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Reverse Centaur posted:

evleaks heavily hinting that an HTC watch is coming in Feb

HTC One Watch
HTC One X Watch
HTC One M watch
HTC One A Watch

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Nobody knows

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Burn in is not a concern on oled watches. Every watch has behaviours to prevent that from happening.

No pixel watch announcements today?? :(

Burn in can happen on any oled display, even with pixel shifting

The lgs seem to be particularly bad though

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Prob never had the battery replaced.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

You can get the LG Style for $25 off at bestbuy today with visa checkout.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Got an LG style from bestbuy, pretty good so far. Stores show no stock but have them in stock, atleast mine did.

They even gave me $25 off to match the visa checkout promo.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Nerdrock posted:

Grabbed an LG Watch Style the other day from Best Buy. It's snappy as hell, but the battery life is seriously terrible compared to my original LG G Watch and Urbane. With modestly low use and screen always on, I'm at 10 percent or less battery at the end of the day. I recently gave up on samsung hardware (S7Active / Gear 3 Frontier) in favor of a Pixel and back to android wear. In non-thread applicable news I might have a Gear S2 Classic (ATT 3G) and Gear S3 Frontier for sale, soon.

I took my style back. Battery live was atrocious.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

No more saphire screen, boo

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Too bad its a terrible product

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

The battery life.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

That doesn't mean its good

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

iajanus posted:

Anyone know a way to force a Huawei watch to ota to 2.0?

Considering its not out yet...

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

iajanus posted:

Too many conflicting and questionable news stories saying it was have me confused.

A person who works for the company posted a picture of his watch with it, but it hasnt actually been released.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Why doesn't anyone else release a recessed Sapphire screen like Huawei gen 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Target has $20 off for every $100 you spend right now. The fossil watches can be had around $150-$160