Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

JAF07 posted:

I was not pleased with the number of people who asked some derivative of "is that the apple watch?" and immediately started poking it to make the screen activate.
There's a face for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

After hearing how LOL HUEG the Moto 360 is I was amused to find out when I got mine that it's exactly the same size as my old Invicta.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

peterjmatt posted:

"Traditional" watches aren't 46mm. The IWC big pilot, the watch that arguably launched the hugewatch trend is only 46mm. That Invicta must be at least 50mm, a size anyone but Arnold Schwarzenegger would laugh at.
Both the Invicta and the Moto 360 in my picture have a diameter of... 46mm.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Shai-Hulud posted:

So which watch faces are you guys using? I'm using Pujie black, but im looking for something with lighter colors.

Right now I'm using the Damasko Chronograph that I got off the Google+ page for Watchmaker.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Kakairo posted:

Does anyone here use Tasker?
If you haven't seen it already.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

What new app possibilities?
Folding@Home

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

uPen posted:

I trigger the change watch face constantly by folding my arms.
So do I, and it's very annoying.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Nitrousoxide posted:

Got a huawei watch. It's a nice one. Def looks a lot nicer than my old first gen LG G watch

Leftys unite :hfive:

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

If you have the Watchmaker app make sure you're checking their Google+ page every few days, it's where most of the faces get released first.

Freezer posted:

It's usually nearly dead by the end of the day, but other than that it's just what I expected.
Make sure that it has the latest update installed, and then you can try giving it a factory reset. My replacement 360 only got something like 6 hours on a charge, but after I performed a factory reset the battery lasts ~1-1.5 days, depending on the watch face I'm using.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Len posted:

My Moto 360 1st gen band is splitting. What's the cheapest way to go about getting a new one? I looked up some straps on Amazon but I'm not sure if they'll just fit or not. The watch shop in the mall said something about needing an adaptor to make regular watch bands fit properly
I use the SteelConnect 180s with a standard watch band on my 360. Supposedly they also help with the back cracking, but we'll see.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Takoluka posted:

My 360 v1 suddenly is only getting 3 hours of battery. Don't know what's going on with this.
Have you tried factory resetting it? That helped me with some battery problems a while back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

5TonsOfFlax posted:

Rorschach

Inspired by Rorschach inkblots, the inkblots flow and animate. Both analog and digital time, configurable.
Why would you make a watchface out of drawings of my parents fighting?