Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Does Samsung still have reactivation lock or did that get lost when they switched to wear os? Had it on my active 2 and it seems useful but I can't find it anywhere on my new galaxy watch 6. Google just leads me to outdated instructions and people trying to disable it

So I did the stuff to unlock blood pressure monitoring in the US and its effectively useless? Unless I'm doing something wrong it just seems to give me numbers around whatever I got in my last calibration, and my blood pressure cuff shows a much different number. unless I'm supposed to do something its not telling me I can see why it doesn't have FDA approval, its more than useless, its dangerous.

Resdfru fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

bull3964 posted:

One feature that Google added with WearOS4 and debuted on the Pixel Watch 2 was the ability to touch through to complications from the AoD without having to wake the watch first. I noticed that it actually goes one step further and allows you to swipe in any direction from the AoD. This is nice as it allows you to turn off lift to wake which, in my experience, is as significant as turning off AoD as far as battery savings go.

It also seems this feature was halfway ported to the PW1 with WearOS4. You can touch a complication on the AoD and have it launch right away, but it doesn't respond to swipes.

Hm I guess that feature didn't get into samsungs version of wearos4. Shame, I don't use aod and would have started if it worked like that

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Might be too much work but you can trade in a 100 dollar gw4 to samsung for 200 trade in credit and bring a gw6 down to around 100ish. Last time I looked anyway

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Maybe I misunderstood you but if you have a galaxy watch and a galaxy phone you can definitely charge your watch from your phone with the wireless power share https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/mobile-devices/how-to-use-powershare-on-your-galaxy-phone/

Looks like it's on some other stuff too https://www.androidpolice.com/samsu...r%20its%20tech.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I did that on my galaxy watch 6 with a galaxy phone cause the BP stuff isnt enabled in the US. The instructions I used were on that guys Google drive they link to on that xda site.

It worked to enable that stuff in the US so if its also supposed to enable it on non galaxy phones maybe it will work.

Fwiw I never use the BP monitoring because it seems unreliable to me. The readings seem to just be close to what the calibration was even if I exercise or drink coffee or something that you would expect to raise my BP. I've seen other people elsewhere talk about it favorably though so it could just be me or my watch

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Who tests and certifies that? Or is that from your testing? How does the pixel compare to the apple watch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
My galaxy watch 6 has a died a couple times overnight. It's annoying and something my active 2 never did over the many years I wore it