Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

Logikv9 posted:

Asus ZenWatch
ASUS's offering is an elegant smartwatch that ultimately does nothing new. Also, if you squint hard enough and drink enough you could probably get people to think it's the Apple Watch. Charges with a cradle.

I think I'm one of the few that has the ZenWatch (and I love it), but you're dead on. For weeks now I've been asked if it's an Apple Watch. I have it on a NATO strap and just, no, it's not Apple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

Anyone know if any good todo apps have been moved to AW yet? Todoist can do it, but required manually pushing data.

e:
Also loving my Pipboy face, which actually has a fair amount of info on it too. Also made me realize how often I keep accidentally cutting my hands in the workshop.

booshi fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 23, 2015

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

Rastor posted:

The Pip Boy faces that go into the play store seem to get disappeared, you may have better luck with a Facer theme.

Close, I use WatchMaker.

It was on FaceRepo. They have a ton, but here is a link: http://facerepo.com/app/faces/details/pip-boy-sm-v700-by-motive-14ab95eecd6

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

Rastor posted:

Android Wear 5.1.1 has been spotted rolling out to the Asus Zenwatch.

Thanks for this because it didn't roll out to my Zenwatch for some reason. Luckily they have it for download for sideloading.

Only thing I'm really interested in is the new navigation gestures unless there is something else really awesome I'm missing (no wifi for the Zenwatch).

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

Am I missing something somewhere in a setting, or is there no way to capitalize the first letter when responding to texts and such via voice? I know you can do commas, periods, etc., but is there any way to have the first word capitalized?

Asus Zenwatch if it makes a difference.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

That bezel

Looking at my current ZenWatch, that bezel looks even bigger. I know it's partially because of the sensors on the front, including pulse, but I'm surprised they didn't try to knock it down in size.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

After the most recent AW upgrade (I got it last week), has anyone else been having issues with alerts/notifications? I am not getting them much at all anymore. I have a Zenwatch 2 and a Nexus 6.

e: Not sure on what the # of the version update was but it was the change to how the Google cards work.

booshi fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

May just do a factory reset on the watch then and see if it can fix it. I've been missing texts/emails and I'm in the middle of moving to a new house so not getting the info right away has been a big pain. I tend to leave my phone on my desk at work but I've been checking it more manually since I'm just getting nothing.