Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Quick question for an impulse buy :

Huawei watch or lg urbane? Any clear winner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

And it's on my wrist right now and I'm very happy with it so far :D

Mine came with the black leather band and seems pretty awesome so far.

Another question - i was thinking of factory resetting my phone as it was having a few issues, does anyone know how easy it is getting back up and running with a wear in the mix?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, it connected back up but had a few little issues so I just wiped it back to factory.

Another question - since the wipe Facebook Messenger just works as a notification; there's no way to reply on the watch. I also can't get to it in the list of apps. Any ideas on how to force it back across?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, I love my Huawei watch, but I will keep using my Garmin forerunner 620 for runs since it's way better for that in every way.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Anyone got any idea what might be the cause of this? Every morning my phone and watch keep prompting to pair with each other again. Once I let them do so they're fine for the rest of the day again. Seems to happen every day at the moment.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

My combo is a Huawei Watch and a Sony Z5. One day I'll find a solution....

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I could get by if Bluetooth just worked the way it's supposed to. I'm fairly certain my phone is to blame, but now:

* Every couple of days my phone and watch will just sit there trying to pair with each other with a new code over and over again

* When I'm wearing my watch in the car my car will randomly decide to change in the phone to "connected (no phone) " so when i answer a call it is on the handset and if I tell it to be on the Bluetooth device via the dialer it uses my watch. I need to delete and readd the call audio seeing for the car for it to work again.

Any idea why this might be happening?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I love my forerunner 620 but that's just me

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

With that much bezel why the hell would they need a flat tyre?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Well I've worked out what seems to be happening with my watch/car/phone bluetooth problems. When I get in my car it connects via BT automatically with all profiles, but then seems to not actually connect the Call Audio profile. If I remove and then re-add it then phone calls work properly. My theory is that since the watch also uses this profile it takes priority and won't use the other device.

Anyone else seen this sort of thing before? Is there a way to force the profile to connect or to turn off the one for the watch? If I try and disable the watch one it just reconnects it automatically.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Not sure, I've done the same thing except with a Huawei watch and it worked without a hitch.

According to http://lifehacker.com/an-iphone-users-guide-to-falling-in-love-with-android-w-1774581732 the 360 isn't supported?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I love my Huawei Watch, even though it's currently slightly hobbled by being paired to an iPhone 7. Nice that they brought out a quick update after 10 came out to fix the problem it had with dropping the connection regularly.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Voting for my HWatch, works great with my iPhone (I miss my Sony Z5 :'( ) although I'm dreaming of 2.0 giving me app support...

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I've never been too worried about the lack of left handed mode (even though I wear my Hwatch on my right wrist) since every single nice watch I own has the crown on that side anyway so I actually find it more uncomfortable to try to use it on the other side.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Anyone know a way to force a Huawei watch to ota to 2.0?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Don Lapre posted:

Considering its not out yet...
Too many conflicting and questionable news stories saying it was have me confused.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

"It may be the worst code I've ever seen."

Yep, Samsung story checks out.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Any way to trigger the update?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Finally got the 2 update for my Huawei watch and it's pretty nice, although it's a bit janky getting around. Would be nice if they could smooth out the interface transitions a bit.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Anyone else notice android fit on their watch be weird with steps? Mine was on 8000 or so, I went for a walk and it went up to 8700 and then dropped back to 8400. If I go for another walk then similar up/down oscillations happen.

The Huawei step app has the count at ~10500...

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Does anyone have any idea how to get Google Fit on Wear to actually sync with a google account? Mine says it's linked to my google account but no data shows up on the web.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Mine synced automatically.

Mine says 'syncing' when you open the app but nothing happens. It's on AW2.0 but connected to an iphone, I would have expected it to use wifi to just connect directly to the web (considering it says it's connected to my account) but knowing google's usual lazy fuckery and complete lack of support who knows?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Nitrousoxide posted:

Do you have multiple google accounts? It'll sync to whatever is your primary one on your watch, which may or may not be the same one as your phone in AW 2.0.

Go to settings -> personalization -> accounts on the watch to make sure the one you want is first on the list.

I do, and the account I want is top of the list :/

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah it runs perfectly well.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Len posted:

That was :thejoke:

You know because in the past they would force lefties to be righties? Or maybe that was just my small part of middle of nowhere Ohio in the early 90s

That was pretty universal, my mum had them do that to her back in the fifties in Australia (unsuccessfully, since she still does everything left handed).

I am right handed but prefer my watch on my right wrist since it is just more convenient for everything I use it for. I think if I wrote anything with a pen for any amount of time it'd be annoying but this is 2017 so lol to that idea.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I like 2 more than 1.5 on my Huawei watch with ios but that's mostly because 1.5 was totally useless with it.

Now it's only mostly useless.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Hey look it's the literally one person Wear 2.0 exists for.

:yeah:
I'm special!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

My biggest frustration with using AW with iOS is my Fit data being marooned on my watch. The stupid app knows what account it's connected to, but the only way to sync it is with the app on the phone and Google helpfully doesn't have one for iOS. As such, even though it says "Syncing" when you open it it's doing nothing :(.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I might have quite liked my Huawei Watch on 2.0 for IOS but got a Garmin Vivosmart3 on the weekend and literally haven't thought about going back once.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

kitten smoothie posted:

FItbit used to be really good about just sending you free replacements no questions asked if you emailed them and weren't a dick about it. But that seems to have fallen off now that they're a publicly traded company and have to actually make money.

Yeah I called them when the strap broke on my old one and they sent me two 3-packs of replacements.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

isndl posted:

2.2" display. :smithicide:

loving :lol: at some of the promo pics though.

Got to use your spart time well

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

LastInLine posted:

That having been said, the Fossil group watches I've had have literally fallen apart without any help from me, never once making it out of the warranty period (but they keep giving me free watches so it's hard to complain).

I love that for some companies this is now the default customer service solution. I'm on my 3rd consecutive set of Bose earbuds (which I love in general, they're just terribly designed with their charger) and every time I can they just shrug and send a new set out. Same with my Garmin scales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Three Olives posted:

Are you aware of the Bose Sleepbuds fiasco? Paid over $250 for those fuckers for my husband, we went through three pairs, there were people that went through 8,9,12, we could have gone through just as many but we weren't as tenacious about getting replacements. They eventually threw their hands, said no more Sleepbuds and refunded everyone, we got more back than I paid for the pieces of poo poo.

Yeah I heard about those. Good fun for everyone involved.