Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
So, are they just going to release that new model shown and keep calling it the same thing, or what?

e; or is the person making screen mockups doing a subpar job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

codo27 posted:

Somewhat crosspost from the pebble thread, but my Steel developed a slight yellow tint at the bottom of the screen, well actually it was pretty much like that out of box. They sent me a replacement, and I was thinking of selling both and putting the money towards the new Time Steel. Aside from that issue I do like the watch and feel it does all I want, I'm mainly interested in the microphone in the new iteration. But should I be considering something different all together? Is there anything out there that offers enough to warrant the drop in battery life? Any less than a couple days, I don't think I'd be interested.

FWIW, the microphone on the Pebble Time/Steel is only usable for replies to incoming messages at the moment. I have zero doubt that its functionality will be expanded, but right now there's no Google Now control or anything like that, just dictated voice replies to incoming messages.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
HTC "Is that the Apple Watch?"

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

CLAM DOWN posted:

Wtf kind of company issues Apple watches???

A premium model, at that. :psyduck:

Probably a gift, rather than "company issued hardware."

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

Nice! Can't wait for them to randomly brick themselves after two years!

Boy, I hope they last that long!

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Hehe

I hope somebody puts out a Wear 2.0 device that convinces me to finally drop my Pebble.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Blue Train posted:

Don't the better wear devices still only get like 3 days of battery life?

Right, but with Pebble gone into the ether, I doubt there's going to be a reasonable upgrade path with the same focuses from Fitbit any time soon. I'm basically looking to be hit with a decent looking Wear option for ~$200 to give myself an excuse, because I like the integration already. :shobon:

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

LastInLine posted:

Although that's not a bad deal on a Harmony Ultimate either though I don't know about getting a reconditioned one.

I've had the non-touch-remote version for 4+ years now and it's been rock solid. Bought refurbished on Amazon.

It really is amazing how effective it is even when stuck inside the shelf under the TV.

Makes for a terrible watch, though.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

sourdough posted:

I preordered the normal one cause they're giving me $150 for the Active 2, makes it pretty easy to go for even though I've been plenty happy with it and not really bothered about updating

Same here. Just having better Google integration should be worth the upgrade.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

Presumably this is a thing that Google hasn't finished making yet.

Oh cool, it'll be ready in time for the Watch8 then.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I decided to cancel my preorder and wait until more of the things that are "coming" are actually in place.

At this point my Active2 still works fine. I don't have a Samsung phone so this would be a fairly minor upgrade right now, all things considered.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

hooah posted:

Lol I just realized that with the dumb charging puck Samsung has, a metal bracelet/band would make charging basically impossible. I'm definitely going to miss the Moto charging cradle.

I've got a (super cheap) metal link bracelet on my Active 2, and eventually 3D printed a little stand that fits the puck and lets the band hang below. It does work without doing that though, just awkward to plug it in, so to speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Organic Lube User posted:

How the hell is Google Voice not integrated yet?

Shhh! Don't remind them that Voice still exists!

Really though, it has very basic integration anywhere if it has it at all. I'm always surprised when it gets an update.