Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Does anybody know of a UK brick and mortar that stocks the latest generation watches?

Considering switching from pebble, but would like to poke at one in person first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

KillHour posted:

I'm just going to install the TAG watch faces on my GWR and tell everybody it's the TAG. As if anybody would know the difference.
"Is that an apple watch?"

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

It's loving huge... And still has a flat tyre :psyduck:

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Tunga posted:

I hate this with a passion. It frequently activates by itself because I folded my arms, my watch touched my leg, etc.

Pebble 1.0 had a similar thing with the buttons. Was awful as you couldn't remove or disable the default faces.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

The big one looks a bit like Garmin's 405CX which was a pile of poo poo.

Maybe I'll get a fenix5 instead. At least I know that'll count my activity properly.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Cellular radio for the countries that have cell providers offer multiple SIM cards for one account (AFAIK, US only)

nfc for countries that have widely accepted contactless payments (europe/australia).

And thickness for everybody else (canada?)

Nice.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

I'm on the cusp of getting a ZW3, but work has said they will probably switch to iOS phones in a few months.

Am I going to be massively disappointed if bought a ZW3 and this happened?

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

foutre posted:

My Pebble is dying, and I'd like to get a replacement smart watch. I really like the notifications, and wouldn't mind having a few more basic apps (ie controlling music etc).

I was thinking about getting a Zenwatch 3 or Moto 360 2nd gen, just because I like the way they look and they're on sale.

Are there other watches I should look at? Also, are wear 2.0 notifications annoying enough I should maybe be looking at Samsung Gear instead, or is it still decently usable?

I recently switched from android to iOS and then my pebble died.

Dreading getting an Apple Watch I decided to try-before-you-buy a gear S3 with amazons somewhat exploitable returns policy.

Pretty impressed. Gets me notifications. Tells me the time. Might be lacking in some functionality being connected to a iPhone. But eh. It does what my pebble did. And still has more than two days of battery life (but nowhere near the 10 I got on my pebble)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

What are the other multi-day wearable options that do push notifications?

the versa I got my wife for her birthday is a load of poo poo, and really the only thing I bought it for was notifications, which don’t work, and the fitness data will only reliably sync if there are multiple devices to sync with.

I’m undecided if I should blame the phone or the watch, but replacing the watch is a lot cheaper, but comes with the risk of the phone still being fucky.