Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
The pebble supports android wear now, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Logikv9 posted:

It only supports Android Wear in terms of replies right? The watch still uses Pebble's own OS and just uses the AW app.

They are squares to me and will always be squares. If you want a rectangle, look at the Gear S :colbert:

Per this article, it now officially supports AW apps.
https://techcrunch.com/2015/02/16/pebble-android-wear/

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Reverse Centaur posted:

Supporting android wear apps and being an android wear device are totally different things. Pebble is not android wear any more than a Mac with Office is a PC.

I'm not familiar enough with AW devices to get the distinction. Given the nature of the thread, can you explain?

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

hooah posted:

Android Wear is the operating system. Android Wear apps are the programs. Pebble has made their watches able to run AW apps, even though the watches themselves don't run AW.

yeah, I figured that much. What I'm asking is, what does the base OS do if you don't run an app? What is the AW watch going to do that the Pebble can't? I don't mean where the Pebble could run a similar app, but where the AW OS does something that isn't an app.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Logikv9 posted:

These are both good posts and added to the op.

Yeah, nailed it. I've got a better understanding now.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
i am having serious battery issues with my 360 second gen. The most i've gotten is ~12 hours. Is it the twitter notifications that are killing it?

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Don Lapre posted:

Your phone should show what is using battery

Where? In the android wear app?

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Rastor posted:

Yes. Wear app - gear at top - tap on device name - watch battery

Thanks. Didn't occur to me to click on the device for some reason. I'll check it out tomorrow for battery use.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

LastInLine posted:

That seems crazy to me. My 46mm gets a reproducible 24 hours per charge, ambient on.

Ok, 13 hours this time. Battery users? Watch idle, at 8% was largest user.

It has to be the number of notifications I get, and that's mostly twitter. Going to try it tomorrow with it off, but that's a pain in the rear end, since that's the thing I want to see on the watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

xlevus posted:

Does anybody know of a UK brick and mortar that stocks the latest generation watches?

Considering switching from pebble, but would like to poke at one in person first.

Don't switch, use both. That's where I am now. When I'm going to be in bright daylight, the pebble is 100% better than the moto. At night/lots of indoors, I like the moto. Long trip? Pebble.