Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Cithen posted:

Is there any anticipation as to when Android Wear will roll out its second generation? I am excited about wearables, but not sold on the functionality quite yet for either Apple or Android devices. Plus I would really like to get away from Apple stuff.

Second generation of which model?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

bull3964 posted:

What's really nice about it is you can easily use it on the go as well. All you need is a rubber band, and you can affix the watch to the charger and toss it in your bag.

Or you can strap the charger to your arm, then strap the watch to the charger and never run out of power!

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

G-Prime posted:

This is exactly what I want in an Android Wear device. I wouldn't use the speaker for listening to music, but the idea of being able to use it as a speakerphone when driving sounds perfect to me. I can already answer calls from my watch, let me do the actual conversing from there as well, and have it automatically go into speaker through the watch any time you answer a call from there. A speaker would also open the door for audible alarms on the watch, which some people actually would be into.

Maybe this device you want will have a better solution than what Apple has, but I can never hear my friend clearly when he answers calls on his watch while driving.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
Can the Watch Urbane 2 LTE receive calls with the same number as my cell phone so I can pick it up with either device even if I'm away from my phone? (I'm on Verizon)

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

JayKay posted:

My Sony SW3 arrived today and I'm pretty happy with it. I've always preferred circular watches to square, but this is changing my opinion.

The one thing that surprised me the most is how comfortable it is, at least compared to my 360v1. My one negative so far is that the band, while comfortable, seems to be a magnet for dust/lint/dog hair.

There's a person on XDA selling 3D Printed watch band adapters for $12. Apparently they're still refining the design to eliminate gaps, but they're still serviceable and cheap. I'm tempted to give it a try so I can throw a NATO strap on it.

Think it's worth $99? I haven't owned a smart watch yet, and I'm finding it hard to stomach the $300+ for the stylish ones.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
I picked up the Huawei Watch on sale last week, which should be delivered today. I chose the model with the mesh band, but I would like a more sporty band I can swap in for running. Can anyone give a good suggestion for one that is compatible?

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
When I try to view my contacts on my watch, it says they are currently unavailable. Anyone know why? I have the phone sitting right next to me, connected and everything.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
In the past few days, calls have started showing up on my watch after they finish ringing on my phone. How can I fix this? It even happens when I answer the call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Dr Cheeto posted:

At the time the 360 started shipping, the only other Wear devices on the market looked like this:

Relative to these shameful nerdbands the 360 looked watch-y enough.

Looks sorta like...