Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
does anyone know how to fix this issue: whenever I start an exercise bike workout on my galaxy watch 4 it always loses my heart rate after about 2 minutes and stays lost for multiple minutes until the end of the workout where it comes back for like a minute, I've tried wearing it in every conceivable position, tight loose, inside of arm, outside, left, right, I even tried shaving the hair off of my arm in the spot where my watch is but nothing, any other work out works totally fine, it also fully reads my recovery heart rate afterwards without issue, saw a lot of people on reddit talking about it but no actual solutions. also this is a recent thing, as in the last 2 months or so, never had a problem before in the year+ I've owned it.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

sourdough posted:

I switched from using strava to using samsung health to start/track exercises way back when I was having this issue and it seemed to go away. If you're already using samsung health, idk :(

I do use samsung health, doesn't matter I threw it into a dumpster on my way out, today it just slowly went from resting to like 90 where it would cut in and out repeatedly and when it came back it just said 90-100 when I can put my finger on my neck and feel my bpm way higher than 100

thanks for trying to help though.

edit: wow whats up with all the people selling watch 5s with broken sensor ports as "like new open box"? did they change the definition of like new when I wasn't looking?

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 11, 2023

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I'm shilling this watch face
carbon neon
has a great always on mode
makes your watch look like a tokyo flash. plus you can flex your clock reading skills, that or be early or late to a lot of stuff.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 16, 2023

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

teethgrinder posted:

Bummer... looked totally up my alley, but mysteriously not available on my 5 Pro. Last updated in 2019 and the dev's let his website hosting lapse.

I'm using it on my 5 non pro, I always have trouble trying to install it unless I do it directly from the watch.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Well gosh, color me impressed, a mere 3 months later and my GW5 has already developed the same problem I ditched the GW4 for, and it's getting worse and worse every time I use it. :sigh:

I'm debating not learning my lesson and doing a trade in for the GW6

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

TBH the GW was the only smart watch I ever saw that made me go "oo I think I actually want a smart watch." It just looks so clean and minimal as an actual accessory. Love the flat screen and hard edges and it was relatively thin, dresses well with any outfit casual or formal. the PW rounded glass "orb" look just looks aesthetically displeasing, I can't explain it, it's like something from the Jetsons, the Garmins all just look like big knobby gshock watches or pure fitness trackers, I just know me and I know if I bought a watch that I didn't like the look of I'd just end up never wearing it thus defeating the purpose. Though it not working is not ideal, drat you samsung. I'd consider the AW as a runner up, however it doesn't want to play nice with android.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jan 26, 2024