Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Android Wear is the operating system. Android Wear apps are the programs. Pebble has made their watches able to run AW apps, even though the watches themselves don't run AW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Google Now?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Except the quote (from the AW blog) specifically says that you can do that. Which you could, if your run route had ubiquitous WiFi coverage.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
From what I remember in the wearables thread, Costco counts smart watches as jewelry.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
LightFlow works on a watch? Cool!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I like the idea of the easily-swappable bands on the new 360, but it seems like the little nub might rub on your wrist. I would be surprised if it did, since I'd think that would be a very obvious thing, especially if they did any wear testing at all, but I'll reserve judgement until someone here gets one.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
They're kinda similar.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

SuperiorColliculus posted:

Ahahahaha

haha.

The median household income in the US is $51,000. We're talking about two week's income for a household here. You're in lala land, mate.

It depends on if by "a lot" you mean proportionally or absolutely. Are there a lot of rich people? Sure. Do they make up a large percentage of the population? Hell no.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Are the innards on the Fossil watches "good enough"? The one looks quite nice and is a good price.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
My relatives were pretty generous for my graduation, so I'm eying a smartwatch. I'd like one with an ambient sensor for the above-mentioned reasons. Is the 2nd-gen Moto 360 the best bet, or is there anything else I should be looking at?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

LastInLine posted:

This sums up my experience as well. Plenty of battery left at the end of the day, a great vertical stand so I can use it as a bedroom clock, and good performance in use.

I drive a convertible and I'm in the sun enough to know that I can read my display just fine most of the time. When I can't it's not because of the quality or brightness of the screen but because the polarization of my sunglasses would make any screen unreadable.

Glad to hear both of you (including bull3964) like your 2nd-generation 360 so much. Mine should be here tomorrow!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
My phone can pair with my 360/2, but it won't connect. I've tried restarting both of them as well as forgetting the watch on my phone. What else can I try?

Edit: never mind, you just have to do things in a particular order and only though the Wear app. That wasn't terribly clear.

hooah fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 9, 2016

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Ok, I've seen people talk about Pujie Black in this thread, and I see there's also WatchMaker. I figure I'll probably snag both eventually (hurrah Rewards), but what are some opinions about which to get first? Or even if I should absolutely avoid one?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Does anyone know how to prevent Weather Timeline from popping up a card periodically? I'd rather it just live below the main screen so it's accessible without getting notifications from time to time.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Any idea why my 360/2 would have displayed the charging face all night but not actually charged? That was a rude surprise.

Edit: also, it went from 15% to shutting itself off in about 10 minutes. Put it on the charger and it popped back up at 16%. Why??

hooah fucked around with this message at 13:05 on May 12, 2016

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I don't remember if the base's light was on. I'll make sure it is in the future.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Double but unrelated post: Holy crap, Pujie Black is a great app! Good thing there's a G+ community because I'd be pretty overwhelmed otherwise. Thanks for the tips, LastInLine.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
It throws up a normal card right? If you swipe to the right, the last option should be to block the app on the watch.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I've noticed that white backgrounds have a slight bluish or purplish cast on parts of the face of my 360/2. Should I get it exchanged?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I just got a Wear update on my phone that said it's an update for the watch OS well. This is the first time this has happened for me, and the watch says it's up to date. Is that just because my phone's stuck on Lollipop?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Over the last couple days, my 360 2 has stopped going into ambient mode on its own. I can palm the screen or push the crown to go into ambient mode, but if the watch waked back up, it'll be stuck again until I notice. Rebooting the watch seems to help for a while (most of a day, maybe). Anything to try before I reset the thing?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Resetting the watch didn't even help. What the poo poo.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I've noticed that text messages that I reply to from my watch don't clear away. I'm using Google's Messenger app for texting. Is that just how it is, or is there some way to fix that?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Ashex posted:

I have the ZW3 and overall I'm pretty happy with it. I got the Pujie watch face but I'm still using one of the stock watch faces as it seems like it'll take me some time to create a watch face (doesn't seem to be templates available).

What do you mean no templates? If you're looking for something to just tweak, check out facerepo.com. There's also a Pujie Google+ community.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
How does one update their watch to 2.0? I got the updated app on my phone, but my 360 v2 still says it's up to date with 1.5.something.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Oh fantastic.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

LastInLine posted:

That makes a lot more sense. I can't imagine the need for more battery than my Moto 360/2 has anyway (unless of course they add cellular and GPS for some dumb reason). I never have less than 70% after a day's use with ambient on.

Man, I must have bad luck with batteries, or I use my devices a lot harder than most people. I have to charge my regular Pixel midday, and my 360/2 is usually around 30% at the end of the day (14 hours).

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I noticed recently that when I start navigation on my phone, I no longer get the card on my watch (Moto 360/2). I can start Maps on my watch and it'll sync up with the phone's navigation though. Did I toggle something somewhere?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is there any way to prevent upcoming calendar appointments from keeping a card around but still get a notification at whatever time the reminder for the event is set?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

LastInLine posted:

The point of wearing a screen on my wrist is to be able to see my notifications passively without touching anything. If I wanted to touch something to view notifications, I would touch my phone. As it is now, the watch doesn't even indicate there are notifications available to view which means not only am I not getting the information I want without interaction, I'm not even aware that interaction is necessary.

It's almost as if they tried to reduce utility to its lowest possible level.

Yeah, this is annoying. The current "best" way that I've found is to set the notifications to always show. This, however, makes it not really a watch anymore.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

LastInLine posted:

In a new discovery of ways this watch sucks now is they changed the background of the desk clock mode while it's charging from black to dark grey which means there is no longer enough contrast for me to read it from across the bedroom.

I was wondering if the watch was brighter at night or if I just mis-remembered.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is there was a way to prevent "Ok Google" from triggering both my watch and my phone?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

LastInLine posted:

It's never triggered on my watch even if I shout directly at it. If you told me that the Moto 360/2 didn't have a microphone at all I'd believe you with how poorly mine works.

Interesting; that's exactly what I have.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
How can I check the version of an app on my watch (Wear 2.0) and/or update the app?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

LastInLine posted:

Wear 2.0 is absolute poo poo.

It really is. From "changing watch faces is a very important function that needs to be easily accessible" all the way to "lol who cares about AMOLED??".

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Also, I feel like the thumbs up/down buttons weren't there the one time I've used Play Music since I got 2.0.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Welcome to the lovely new world.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Another thing I've noticed with Wear 2.0 is that Assistant feels a lot slower to respond to OK Google than Google Now was. Frequently I'll have to tap the screen and try again because the thing says "tap the screen to talk" or something like that. Anyone else having this experience?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is it just me or is Assistant way less responsive on the watch than Google Now was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Does anyone use Textra? On my phone I see the watch icon, but I can't install it on my watch.