Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
This pacing is insane. I think the last episode covered like 5 chapters. They really are going to do the whole first arc in one 13 ep season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
It doesn't seem that bad though.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Yeah, I'm a couple episodes behind, but so far the pacing doesn't feel rushed. We're missing bits of characterization (and pantyshots) here and there, but they've really done a good job adapting this.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Jackard posted:

It doesn't seem that bad though.

Oh yeah I'm not complaining, just impressed. Except that I will lose all interest after the first arc is over.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
That's fine, these shows never get a second season anyways

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Fellis posted:

Oh yeah I'm not complaining, just impressed. Except that I will lose all interest after the first arc is over.

That's reasonable, since the second arc sucked anyway

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

In this episode, Miyamura helps Yamada discover his true feelings, and Ito discovers that the club only wants her for her lips. Nene is a master detective, and something about witches.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Bit too fast paced for me this one, had to read the manga to get the specifics: one can see the future only when you kiss, hence Itou's plastered look, and only another witch's magic interfering with the prophecy can change the future.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I liked how they cut out the whole "figure out how the power works" and just had srihashi explain it in 20 seconds because she's supposed to be the smart one. I didn't like how they rushed the scene between her and yamada at the end, i thought it lost some of the nuance of her actions and reaction to yamada.

Even one more minute on that scene would have been great and I'm sure there were some misc scenes in the ep that could be cut.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Ep8: Yuuki Aoi <3

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
I love when Yamada gets angry

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

So, what is the 7th witch's power? Witches' powers don't work on Yamada, so did she go around kissing everybody else? Did she kiss Yamada at some point and then he kissed everybody else? Why can't anybody know who all the witches are? I am very confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Parallax posted:

So, what is the 7th witch's power? Witches' powers don't work on Yamada, so did she go around kissing everybody else? Did she kiss Yamada at some point and then he kissed everybody else? Why can't anybody know who all the witches are? I am very confused

You should should see this in the next episode, if not: the manga says that she wiped everyone else's memory because he was immune to her power. Though it never explains why she doesn't have to kiss to cast her power.

• Locked thread