Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Back in my day the best I could do was 119. Always wanted to grab that last star, but the 120 challenge is a young man's game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did it as a child. The only hard ones are the 100 coins in the last two levels just because they're really long

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah I have 115 and tic toc clock 100 coins is the real deal, gets your palms sweaty

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

good luck and godspeed op

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
we all believe in you OP

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

NickRoweFillea posted:

we all believe in you OP

All I can picture is that ad campaign for majoras mask with everyone cheering the kid on to save the world.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im doing my own personal twist on the challenge. The 105 Star Challenge, where I don't do any of the 100 coin stars because I don't have fun doing them

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'm doing the 420 star challenge on monday

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
In all honesty Tick Tock Clock would've worked much better in one of the Galaxy games or something, there's just too much repetition for seven bland stars imo

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*louder* STINK! FAG! STINK! FAG! STINK! FAG! STINK! FAG! STINK! FAG! STINK! FAG! STINK! FAG! STINK! FAG! STINK! FAG! STINK! FAG!

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

im doing my own personal twist on the challenge. The 105 Star Challenge, where I don't do any of the 100 coin stars because I don't have fun doing them

I forget how many shines you can get in Sunshine from blue coins but last year I did the 120 minus however many shines that is Shine challenge. It is the best way to play Sunshine.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Complexcalibur posted:

I forget how many shines you can get in Sunshine from blue coins but last year I did the 120 minus however many shines that is Shine challenge. It is the best way to play Sunshine.

Yeah. The blue coins are lame, especially since they a lot of them are mission specific, so if you miss some and want to finish it 100% you have no idea where they could be and essentially have to beat every level again just to be sure. I don't think j ever got the 120 in sunshine

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

NickRoweFillea posted:

we all believe in you OP

I don't

Bowser will triumph

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Has anybody here bought Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii U shop? Can you use the pro controller with it?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Has anybody here bought Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii U shop? Can you use the pro controller with it?

its galaxy 2 and no it has the same controls as the original gane

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

its galaxy 2 and no it has the same controls as the original gane

Bummer. It seems like it would be so easy to just map spin to a button, since 2 barely ever even uses the star bits for anything iirc.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bummer. It seems like it would be so easy to just map spin to a button, since 2 barely ever even uses the star bits for anything iirc.

2 also has levels where you fly a bird thing and roll on a ball both with motion controls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

2 also has levels where you fly a bird thing and roll on a ball both with motion controls

Oh yeah. The ball levels are so cool too

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

good luck to you on your journey

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Oh yeah. The ball levels are so cool too

i think they arent going to "map" anything, just if the wii game happens to already have classic controller support, that should work on wii u controllers

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

punchout didnt have classic controller support :/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i think they arent going to "map" anything, just if the wii game happens to already have classic controller support, that should work on wii u controllers

Yeah the Metroid prime stuff was untouched, which is fine there because that control scheme is nearly perfect, but after playing through 3d world on a pro controller is hard to play mario any other way

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Y-Hat posted:

i'm doing the 420 star challenge on monday

That is six seventy star play throughs (fewest you can beat without castle movement glitches) and you're now contractually required to do and stream them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

63 here, OP.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i always wante dto meet yoshi ont he roof..... but i wasnt good enough

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Bolverkur posted:

Beleive in yourself gamer

It took me from getting it for Christmas in 1996 or whatever until 2012 to finally knuckle down and complete the game, same save and everything. But now I've wasted so much of my precious time playing this game over and over I can do it in under 3 hours.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

SeXReX posted:

Beleive in yourself gamer

It took me from getting it for Christmas in 1996 or whatever until 2012 to finally knuckle down and complete the game, same save and everything. But now I've wasted so much of my precious time playing this game over and over I can do it in under 3 hours.

thank you that is cool and inspirational. gonna see if my game still has the save game battery intact and finish what I started in 1997. this is good as I am also finishing the ng+ Wind Waker game started in 2003

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

SeXReX posted:

That is six seventy star play throughs (fewest you can beat without castle movement glitches) and you're now contractually required to do and stream them.
uhhh yeah i'm gonna be a little too... lazy to do that, sorry

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Bolverkur posted:

thank you that is cool and inspirational. gonna see if my game still has the save game battery intact and finish what I started in 1997. this is good as I am also finishing the ng+ Wind Waker game started in 2003

I'm pretty sure I have a Gamecube memory card with a Mario Sunshine save at 119 shines, but I don't have the game any more. It's a dumb blue coin shine though so I don't really want to have to do it.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Womrskull is a fail clown.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Bolverkur posted:

when I was a kid a friend told me that if you found more than the alleged max number of stars Geno from Super Mario RPG would be on the roof instead of Yoshi and I believed him

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
58. Today I heard a dog bark and it sounded like Mario shouting 'Wha-haaa!' while performing a triple jump. This marks my first real life encounter with a gamer animal.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
So, is there a way to make the Wii U gamepad display N64 games in widescreen?

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Slur posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Slur posted:

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Never heard from the last guy who attempted this... he was a loving weakling I guess. Good luck OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

• Locked thread