Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Pewdiepie posted:

69 stars is going to be epic.

I have most excellent news for you my friend.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Stink fag posted:

I have most excellent news for you my friend.

*stink fag climbs up on stage* WHEN I SAY STINK, YOU SAY FAG- STINK!

"FAG"

STINK

"FAG"

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Schnedwob posted:

*stink fag climbs up on stage* WHEN I SAY STINK, YOU SAY FAG- STINK!

"FAG"

STINK

"FAG"

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This is awesome.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Nice.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
still laughing at that snape pic today at work

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
for a launch title mario 64 is a huge game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

it perfected 3d platforming and no one ever did any better on the system.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Jak and Daxter was the same way.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah but unlike jak I consider Mario 64 a perfect game. Zelda 64 too. The N64/PSX era had so many drat good games

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I never really played them. I tried to go back and play Ocarina of Time on the Gamecube but it never grabbed me, and the DS port of Mario 64 controlled badly. Maybe I'll get the digital versions on Wii U.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I never really played them. I tried to go back and play Ocarina of Time on the Gamecube but it never grabbed me, and the DS port of Mario 64 controlled badly. Maybe I'll get the digital versions on Wii U.

I didn't like the DS port of SM64. Pro Controller + N64 version is perfect though. Mario games have only gotten better too, which is cool. Galaxy 2 is one of my favorite games of all time

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Black Baby Goku posted:

Yeah but unlike jak I consider Mario 64 a perfect game. Zelda 64 too. The N64/PSX era had so many drat good games

mid 90's through early 2000's were overall the best time for gaming via any method, but I probably just think that because that was when I was young and impressionable

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Every day is the best, because new good games continue to come out and you can play everything that came out in the past.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Every day is the best, because new good games continue to come out and you can play everything that came out in the past.

It's true.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
you can have 10 different zelda games on a 3ds right now

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

you are wise, but I'm not ready for this level of enlightenment yet

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

soon it will be only what came out in the past

wb btw

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

qnqnx posted:

soon it will be only what came out in the past

wb btw

Thank You. Love being back to post with the 4 other people I like on this forum lol

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Black Baby Goku doesn't post because he wants to he posts because we need him to

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

still laughing at that snape pic today at work

Hell yea.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
dafuq

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sandstorm

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

if you haven't done it yet try playing the ds version on 3ds. you can use the circle pad to move and several people i know found the game to be a lot better with that. you still have to hold down a button to run though so that's rough

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

FactsAreUseless posted:

the VC version of sm64 has the deadzone on the stick set ridiculously high so a lot of finer control over mario gets lost, it's like playing on the controller you give to player 4.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
GL dudes, this a worthy challenge.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Slur posted:

So, is there a way to make the Wii U gamepad display N64 games in widescreen?

you have to find the secret 121st star

E: there was a whole nother page of replies after this, how did I miss them

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Mach2 posted:

you have to find the secret 121st star

p easy bowser 3 has it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Baby Goku posted:

Thank You. Love being back to post with the 4 other people I like on this forum lol

I Love My Tiny F*cked Up Games Forum

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The first time I got 120 in Galaxy I thought "I'll come back and do the Luigi playthrough later", but I never did. Last year I did it again and was all set to enjoy Luigi's stars, and was let down to find out it's just the exact same stars. For some reason I had the idea they were 120 hidden stars in hard to reach places in the old levels. Six years of anticipation ruined.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Tender Bender posted:

The first time I got 120 in Galaxy I thought "I'll come back and do the Luigi playthrough later", but I never did. Last year I did it again and was all set to enjoy Luigi's stars, and was let down to find out it's just the exact same stars. For some reason I had the idea they were 120 hidden stars in hard to reach places in the old levels. Six years of anticipation ruined.

did you get them

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

did you get them

I did not. Maybe in 2020.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

elf help book posted:

did you get them

i got them

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

I Love My Tiny F*cked Up Games Forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
84. THe leprechaun is wreaking all sorts of havoc on this spaceship in Leprechaun 4: In Space.

• Locked thread