Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Classic gaming. Good luck, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just bought this as well OP. Currently sitting at 0 stars.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did it as a child. The only hard ones are the 100 coins in the last two levels just because they're really long

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im doing my own personal twist on the challenge. The 105 Star Challenge, where I don't do any of the 100 coin stars because I don't have fun doing them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Complexcalibur posted:

I forget how many shines you can get in Sunshine from blue coins but last year I did the 120 minus however many shines that is Shine challenge. It is the best way to play Sunshine.

Yeah. The blue coins are lame, especially since they a lot of them are mission specific, so if you miss some and want to finish it 100% you have no idea where they could be and essentially have to beat every level again just to be sure. I don't think j ever got the 120 in sunshine

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Has anybody here bought Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii U shop? Can you use the pro controller with it?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

its galaxy 2 and no it has the same controls as the original gane

Bummer. It seems like it would be so easy to just map spin to a button, since 2 barely ever even uses the star bits for anything iirc.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

2 also has levels where you fly a bird thing and roll on a ball both with motion controls

Oh yeah. The ball levels are so cool too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i think they arent going to "map" anything, just if the wii game happens to already have classic controller support, that should work on wii u controllers

Yeah the Metroid prime stuff was untouched, which is fine there because that control scheme is nearly perfect, but after playing through 3d world on a pro controller is hard to play mario any other way

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

63 here, OP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

for a launch title mario 64 is a huge game

it perfected 3d platforming and no one ever did any better on the system.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I never really played them. I tried to go back and play Ocarina of Time on the Gamecube but it never grabbed me, and the DS port of Mario 64 controlled badly. Maybe I'll get the digital versions on Wii U.

I didn't like the DS port of SM64. Pro Controller + N64 version is perfect though. Mario games have only gotten better too, which is cool. Galaxy 2 is one of my favorite games of all time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Every day is the best, because new good games continue to come out and you can play everything that came out in the past.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sharrrk posted:

i got them

Me too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also got 242 stars in Galaxy 2, but I have yet to finish the final level of 3d world,

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Holy poo poo. I just found out by accident that SM64 has a long jump slide kick if you hit Z + B. I've played this game like 6 or 7 times over the past decade plus and never knew you could do that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scary Shrooms, Red Coins is a white knuckle classic to this day.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Sharmat posted:

Wet Dry World is the worst world in Mario 64 and I will not be dissuaded on this

Wet Dry World is sweet. The one where you can be big or small is the worst.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

The worst one is Shifting Sand Lands.

I like getting spun around by the sand whirlwinds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

qnqnx posted:

tall tall mountain was boring and uninteresting

Tall tall mountain has 3 identical stars (climb the mountain, climb the mountain and catch the monkey, and climb the mountain and jump into the waterfall) but it also has 3 of my favorite stars (8 red coins, mountain slide, and the lonely mushroom). So it's a good level

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should make a Captain Toad style game but it's like 50 different Mario slide levels with time trials and hidden secrets .

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Sharmat posted:

Wait I thought Tall, Tall Mountain was the one where you could be big or small. Am I getting confused? Do I need to play this again?

you're thinking of Tiny Huge Island

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stink fag posted:

Tiny huge island is extremely bad.

It sucks rear end. The red coins are fun because of the tricky jumps but if you gently caress up it's a tedious crawl back into that tiny cave.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stink fag posted:

I beat the third Bowser level but it didn't count the star so the 120 Star Challenge is cancelled.

That star isn't counted. Keep going, you're almost there.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

WeeabooJudas posted:

Yeah man, that's way worth giving up 30 stars, mini games and Wario kicking goombas half way across the map whenever he felt like it.

The stuff they added was stupid and it controlled like crap because of the dpad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Grats.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's not a bad game, it's an awful game.

• Locked thread