Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

NoTreble posted:

and also also, my favourite cardio exercise is training boxing. it is a great way to stay in shape, and again is a full body workout that also engages your mind. rather then just standard running, biking or swimming which is generally pretty monotonous and mentally vacant. boxing instead you have to think and react, and learn things. you have to master the techniques and think about what your doing. highly recommend training boxing for a variety of reasons.

This sounds really cool. But how does it stack up in terms of long term health problems? It feels like it's got to be pretty intense on your body.

For slightly less of a derail, consider tennis. Although you could get court shoes, really any cross-trainer works well and if you're relatively careful about it you can do it forever. It's really fun to play versus other people, but there are also satisfying & aerobic drills. For me doing a sport outside of general fitness also helped with motivation for the ither things I did (i.e. swim those laps to get better cardio to have better endurance on the court etc.) Depending on where you live there should be public courts around, at least in the summer, so now would be a good time to try it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread