Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

SeventhUncle posted:

I just got a gym membership and I really need to replace my ratty old pair of sneakers.
I'm going to try my hand at running again (even though I find running to be one of the most boring forms of exercise in the world) but mostly I plan to do some lifting and some crossfit style stuff.

So I walked into a footlocker and realized that I had no idea what the difference between the shoes was. Since I didn't trust the sales person not to try to upsell me on useless junk I turned around and walked out.

I don't need anything fancy and I don't care about logos or which celebrity endorses the shoes but if there are features that actually increase comfort or safety I'm willing to spend a bit extra on it.

The internet has lots of advice and I'm pretty suspicious of a lot of it. So instead I'm going to ask a bunch of Internet Goons what they think.

Honestly, just get something that feels comfortable. I work out and lift in shoes I got from Marshall's. In terms of lifting, your form is going to go a lot farther than what kind of shoe you wear. For cardio exercise, the type of exercise is going to matter a lot more than what shoe you wear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread