Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

NoTreble posted:

for lifting the shoes don't really matter, any pair of shoes is fine. for running and cardio type of exercise then shoes definitely matter. you want a nice good pair of running shoes, with plenty of ankle support and padding to coushin the force of your body weight as you run. and you also want a tight fitting shoe, as you don't want the shoe slipping around or anything as this can cause ankle injuries and etc.

also, just as a general note, i would recommend bike riding or swimming as much better forms of exercise then running. running is very damaging to the knees, ankle and hip joints as it puts alot of strain on them. your literally jolting these joints with your entire body weight each step.

bike riding is better in this regard as it has minimal impact. meaning you are much less likely to be injured from bike riding as it is less strenuous on the bodies joints. also, bike riding is more fun, and you can cover more distance. i suggest finding some nice trails in your area and riding through the forrest/farm lands/whatever trails you have in the area.

but in my opinion the best cardio exercise by far is swimming. it literally has no impact on the body at all, and utilizes the entire body. so you get a full body work out. its also great for the lungs, and feels good too.

and also also, my favourite cardio exercise is training boxing. it is a great way to stay in shape, and again is a full body workout that also engages your mind. rather then just standard running, biking or swimming which is generally pretty monotonous and mentally vacant. boxing instead you have to think and react, and learn things. you have to master the techniques and think about what your doing. highly recommend training boxing for a variety of reasons.

I definitely think swimming and biking are great, but if those don't appeal to you (or you don't have a pool nearby) also consider an elliptical trainer, assuming you have access to one. It's sort of like running, but without all the nasty impacts on your joints (which, although I liked running, definitely did a number on me, since my body is already a bit hosed up). Biking was definitely better when I lived in a nice place to do it, but now that I live downtown and don't have a place for a bike or the inclination to bike in traffic, I'm pretty much reduced to using a stationary bike, and those get boring real goddamn fast.

I'm renting a place with its own pool next month, though, so I'm going to be excited to get swimming again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread