Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

Wait...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Legend of the Galactic Heroes, of course. Monster, Shirobako, Death Parade, and Psycho-pass have spots on my list (Fate Zero is pretty good, too).

Does Berserk count? Isidro and Schierke are kids, but everyone else important is an adult (I'm not caught up so I may be wrong here).

I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying consistently makes me smile.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

In the books it gets mentioned as often as possible that she looks about 16.
okay yeah that's weird

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

littleorv posted:

Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

Wait...

Well it does have the teenager who looks like an old guy.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

You're Under Arrest!

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Mad Bull 34

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

jojo

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
outlaw star

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Is there any anime where most of the characters are full grown 30+ adults vs "adults" that are apparently early 20's but act 12-15?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yes many, see this thread for examples

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

:vince:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Baronjutter posted:

Is there any anime where most of the characters are full grown 30+ adults vs "adults" that are apparently early 20's but act 12-15?

Well, there's Cowboy Bebop! But I guess it kind of fails given it's a crew of 3 30+ adults and one weird kid and a corgi.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

DrSunshine posted:

This one fails the criteria because although the main character is an adult, he hangs out with a hundreds-of-years-old wolf spirit who takes the form of a teenage girl.

Not that it's a bad show -- it's a great show -- but still.

No idea why japan is so hosed up in that aspect but yeah I hate the "I'm 16 but really I am hundred year old wizard" bullshit

GTO is good if you haven't seen it, the fist episode is pervy for some reason but after that it owns

Gintama is also a really good show btw MC is and most main cast is perm 20ish

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

that's pretty normal for anything pagan, thanks whitey

hell even islam has 1000 year old ifrits in the body of teenage girls

DethMarine21
Dec 4, 2008
No mention of Lupin the 3rd yet? :cmon:

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

DethMarine21 posted:

No mention of Lupin the 3rd yet? :cmon:

Blue jacket when???

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Cake Attack posted:

:iceburn:

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

Space Brothers is amazing. I appreciate that the majority of the cast are adults and that a lot of the characterisation in the series is believable. (Although...not all of it.) In particular, Mutta is well-characterised. If he had been a bad character, the series just wouldn't be able to work.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

No idea why japan is so hosed up in that aspect but yeah I hate the "I'm 16 but really I am hundred year old wizard" bullshit

It's not just Japan. There's plenty of books and mythologies here that do the same. In fact, it seems like a nearly universal method of storytelling across regions.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Bonnouji is all about adults too. Did anyone say that?

For anime there's Natsuyuki Rendezvous, it's kinda mediocre tho. I wish it was better because more josei needs animation.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/13585/Natsuyuki_Rendezvous

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

No one remembers Black Heaven. Main character is 40-something, IIRC.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

In the books it gets mentioned as often as possible that she looks about 16.

She looks like an adult in the anime at least, and acts like one too.

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no
Zone of the Enders, Delores I. Its a weird side story to ZOE, but the main character is 40! and he has 2 adult children. Its a really nice series that I liked. I think that might be the oldest main character (that isn't an immortal) in an anime I guess.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Isn't Dio like perpetually 17 or something

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Caithness posted:

He's really 1000 years old

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Zone of the Enders: Delores.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Space Dandy

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Caithness posted:

Nah, man. He was in his 20s. They were about to graduate from college before everything went to poo poo.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Schubalts posted:

Nah, man. He was in his 20s. They were about to graduate from college before everything went to poo poo.

afaik they're around 20. most of part 1 takes place 7 years after Dio's arrival when they're both 12ish.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Darker than Black

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Schubalts posted:

also after part 1 he grafts his head onto jonathan's body, which would have been like 25 by that point

Ataru13
Jul 28, 2005

...Packing Space-Age Shit!
Patlabor.

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Viola the Mad posted:

Does Berserk count? Isidro and Schierke are kids, but everyone else important is an adult (I'm not caught up so I may be wrong here).

I think Berserk counts, more or less. At least for the purpose of the Golden Age Arc films.

Also:

- Hellsing
- Kara No Kyoukai
- Memories: Magnetic Rose
- Memories: Stink Bomb
- Mind Game
- Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
- Baccano
- Genshiken (I guess)
- Honey & Clover (I guess)
- Macross Plus

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
Since most of what I would pick has already been mentioned numerous times, I'll pick a movie and a TV series that hasn't been mentioned yet:

-Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
-HeatGuy J

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I think I have some anime to watch. Like half this thread is stuff I enjoyed, and the other half is stuff I haven't watched or don't know anything about.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
Does Panty & Stocking count?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

G Gundam.

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Kylra posted:

I think I have some anime to watch. Like half this thread is stuff I enjoyed, and the other half is stuff I haven't watched or don't know anything about.

Yeah, somehow I managed to skip out on Planetes when it was airing, so thanks to this thread I get to watch a great show I'd forgotten about!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hadaka Apron posted:

Does Panty & Stocking count?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Speed Grapher maybe, though that depends on what you define hanging out as. He does spend most of the series running around with a teenage girl...

Trigun is also an obvious choice.

• Locked thread