Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
azren
Feb 14, 2011

Simon The Digger posted:

Personally it depends on what kind of threat it is. If it's something I could reasonably fight off then I'd at least attempt to do so. If we're talking some H.P. Lovecraft poo poo, however, I'd probably just save myself the trouble and blow my brains out.

Yeah, it really depends on the brand of horror we're talking about. Good ol' fashioned Romero shambling zombies? I have sufficient understanding of physics and human anatomy to set up someplace while they accidentally battered themselves to worthlessness. Plus I live in a part of Iowa where the winters can get pretty drat cold, and the summers can get pretty drat hot, either one of which will gently caress up a decomposing corpse pretty good.

As for J-horror stuff, I'm probably screwed. Not because of whatever reaction I might have, but because there's a trend in Japanese ghost stories where you're pretty much hosed no matter what you do. No idea if this game does that, but there are several movies and urban legends that give that impression.

Lovecraftian? Probably just off myself. If it's proper Lovecraft stuff, there's literally no hope in the end anyway, so why suffer through the part between here and oblivion? Maybe I can get lucky and end up in the Dreamlands, or something. Celaphais is a really nice city, after all. Or the city with all the cats. I like cats.

Some friends and I had a conversation about who would live through a standard western slasher movie, and it was a bit of a tossup whether I would be the sole survivor or not; on the one hand, I'm the "virtuous" person, no drinking/smoking/drugs/sleeping around/etc. On the other hand, I'm the fat guy. None of us seemed terribly likely to make it, going by tropes. Really, the only thing we needed was a racial minority and a few females (one promiscuous, one valley girl, and one virtuous good girl) to round out the roster.
---
As a side note, since you mentioned having trouble pronouncing names, I'd be glad to do a quick and dirty rundown of Japanese vowel pronounciation.

azren fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Edvarius posted:

Trying to play video catchup at this point, but after finishing the second video, I would just like to say that you two are evil for scaring the crap out of poor Shin like that.

Hey, it's not their fault that their character can't be bothered to speak up.

• Locked thread