Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
I liked the episode and I hope Fe gets more to do this season.

I also hope Vic returns so more horrible indignities can be fostered upon him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Slamhound posted:

And Maslany adds Producer and Scorpion to her résumé.

Her paycheck must be incredibly complicated.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

grrarg posted:

Alison running for office is probably enough to keep me watching. There is nothing as vicious as the infighting over trivial issues in suburban municipal elections.

I was just far too excited for Allison's new plot. It's so petty and I absolutely love
it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I primarily missed Helena.
I secondarily missed Alison.
The rest are just there.

I don't really remember much of what happened in late Season 2, I just remember I like Helena and Alison.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Apr 19, 2015

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
After starting to rewatch the series they really shouldn't have dropped the Beth Childs cover so early. The plot going so quickly that things are discovered and discarded within 2 or 3 episodes makes the second season uneven (except for Helena, natch) and rather disappointing compared to the first. Forcing the plot to be slowed down enough to have the cover/maintaining it be believable would have alleviated some of the writing problems.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, the second season really dropped the ball, and I can't remember the way that all the groups break down at this point.

And, on a more fundamentally damaging level, I have no idea why half the cast even gives Helena the time of day. She killed their sisters, killed her biological mother, but when she waltzes back into everyone's lives they're all basically fine with her. Except that one road trip episode where Sarah basically abandons her on their road-trip.

I get that she's meant to be redeemed through the suffering / abuse that she went through, but the cast seems to forgive very, very quickly.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, the second season really dropped the ball, and I can't remember the way that all the groups break down at this point.

And, on a more fundamentally damaging level, I have no idea why half the cast even gives Helena the time of day. She killed their sisters, killed her biological mother, but when she waltzes back into everyone's lives they're all basically fine with her. Except that one road trip episode where Sarah basically abandons her on their road-trip.

I get that she's meant to be redeemed through the suffering / abuse that she went through, but the cast seems to forgive very, very quickly.

Do you mean surrogate mother? I don't think they ever showed the "biological" mother of the clones.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Am I supposed to remember why Cosima is getting better now? She was nearly dead at the end of season 2, found the book with the science stuff and then...? I guess she used what was in the book to cure herself between seasons? Show is getting a bit much for my old senile brain.

edit: VVVVVV OK I need to rewatch season 2, I don't remember that at all.

Senjuro fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 19, 2015

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Senjuro posted:

Am I supposed to remember why Cosima is getting better now? She was nearly dead at the end of season 2, found the book with the science stuff and then...? I guess she used what was in the book to cure herself between seasons? Show is getting a bit much for my old senile brain.

She was cured with a stem cell donation from Kira. I don't remember what concessions were extracted in exchange for using Dyad facilities to do this.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 19, 2015

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Open Source Idiom posted:

They've realised that she was vulnerable and exploited and only used as a tool to kill her sisters by the people exploiting her so all their anger at that was transferred onto the Prolethians.

Mostly enjoyed the episode, Sarah as Rachel was absolutely brilliant, Alison as Sarah was too because of how close her character came to breaking. It does feel like Delphine's suddenly been replaced by a clone though.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

grrarg posted:

Alison running for office is probably enough to keep me watching. There is nothing as vicious as the infighting over trivial issues in suburban municipal elections.
Yeah, there's crazy MIC conspiracies, soldierclones, talking scorpions, general insanity, and Alison's run for office is what has me most excited. I'm in.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

JohnSherman posted:

Well, okay. I have no idea why anything is happening.

This, except at least it's entertaining, which is more than I would say about most of season 2. I don't care about crazy plots and/or plot holes as long as it's fun again, more like season 1.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
That episode was really all over the place.

I'm totally into the Alison sub-plot of crazy suburban hi-jinx. :dance:

I was really confused about the "Cleaner" and how he seemed to know for absolute sure that this person was not Rachel, (there's a prolonged shot of his looking at her neck?) and then a little dominatrix antics make his brain stop working?

Why is Delphine suddenly a completely different person, with crazy amounts of power?

And last of all, I think I"m just upset that I really don't like the guy-clone at ALL. He has this "backwoods cult member" look to his face, that is going to make every single one of his iterations feel like the same backwoods daughter-fucker cult type of guy that he played in the first place. So in other words, completely unfairly and unrelated to the plot or the writing, I think he's just a super unattractive, creepy looking guy, and it's a downer that he's going to be all over the place for the foreseeable future. That's wicked cruel, I know. The poor actor is a real person, but he gives me the yucks.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

DoggPickle posted:

I was really confused about the "Cleaner" and how he seemed to know for absolute sure that this person was not Rachel, (there's a prolonged shot of his looking at her neck?) and then a little dominatrix antics make his brain stop working?

Why is Delphine suddenly a completely different person, with crazy amounts of power?

And last of all, I think I"m just upset that I really don't like the guy-clone at ALL. He has this "backwoods cult member" look to his face, that is going to make every single one of his iterations feel like the same backwoods daughter-fucker cult type of guy that he played in the first place. So in other words, completely unfairly and unrelated to the plot or the writing, I think he's just a super unattractive, creepy looking guy, and it's a downer that he's going to be all over the place for the foreseeable future. That's wicked cruel, I know. The poor actor is a real person, but he gives me the yucks.

:agreed:

I agree with all of this. Alison is the best. I don't understand what the point of the closeup to Sarah's wig if he doesn't even unmask her. The male clone didn't an amazing job as dumb hick cult boy so I can't buy him as a clone at all because I always see him in that light.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

DoggPickle posted:

Delphine is in power because Donnie splattered Max Headroom's brains all over the interior a Ford Taurus.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is he the one buried under Donnie and Alison's garage? We were trying to remember who exactly that was.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

haveblue posted:

Is he the one buried under Donnie and Alison's garage? We were trying to remember who exactly that was.

Yep

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

PotatoJudge posted:

Delphine is in power because Donnie splattered Max Headroom's brains all over the interior a Ford Taurus.

I actually just rewatched seasons 1&2 and the change in Delphine isn't "Oh, she got a better job", it's more WTF happened in the off-season because this person is completely different. Trust me.

I'd screenshot it if I could on this computer, but I think my new favorite moment from past seasons is when Donny grows the balls to walk out to that van and take a picture of Vic and the cop, and instantly, without thought, Vic throws this hilarious hand sign and mugs for the camera like he's taking a selfie. Vic was a lot funnier the second time through. "It looks like he was attacked by elves". :lol:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Who's your favorite OB character and why?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Mraagvpeine posted:

Who's your favorite OB character and why?

The character that is the clone of another character.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

TNG posted:

I liked the episode and I hope Fe gets more to do this season.

I also hope Vic returns so more horrible indignities can be fostered upon him.

No one cares about Vic. We need a Tony update. Everyone should be asking, "Where's Tony?

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
The only way I'd enjoy a Vic return is if he somehow accidentally manages to kill Paul in some comic fashion.

Coincidentally, that's also one of the few ways I'd enjoy Paul's return.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

macnbc posted:

The only way I'd enjoy a Vic return is if he somehow accidentally manages to kill Paul in some comic fashion.

Coincidentally, that's also one of the few ways I'd enjoy Paul's return.

This, but with Tony rather than Paul.

Actually, I'm not sure I could stand a Tony return even if it meant he died during the episode.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Art and Beth ride again. :3:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I had a feeling I was gonna like Alison's campaign, I had no idea it would be this magical :allears:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I hate to nitpick but they weren't doing the water-boarding correctly. Still, it was intense as gently caress and made it look like some serious poo poo.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

pentyne posted:

I hate to nitpick but they weren't doing the water-boarding correctly. Still, it was intense as gently caress and made it look like some serious poo poo.

I too choose to get legitimately tortured to ensure realism in my show about dueling clone families.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 26, 2015

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It's strange (or not strange, either way)...I definitely can't tell the dude clones apart as easily as I can with the Leda clones. I mean, it's only been two weeks and Whatshisname tries his darndest, but he really can't compete with Tatiana Maslany when it comes to giving individual clones their own tics and postures and physical/vocal identifiers. Doesn't help that they all very obviously have the same exact haircut styled three different ways.

pentyne posted:

JohnSherman posted:

I too choose to get legitimately tortured to ensure realism in my show about dueling clone families.
Believe it or not they actually waterboarded her.

:black101:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

It's strange (or not strange, either way)...I definitely can't tell the dude clones apart as easily as I can with the Leda clones. I mean, it's only been two weeks and Whatshisname tries his darndest, but he really can't compete with Tatiana Maslany when it comes to giving individual clones their own tics and postures and physical/vocal identifiers. Doesn't help that they all very obviously have the same exact haircut styled three different ways.
Also, they were all raised together right? That's gotta explain a lot of their similarities.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ravenfood posted:

Also, they were all raised together right? That's gotta explain a lot of their similarities.

Yeah, being raised by the military is hardly going to bring out your individuality.

Kinda annoyed we needed an episode to get Cal/Kira on the run when that's what they spent all last season doing but Team Hendrix made up for it.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Rarity posted:

Yeah, being raised by the military is hardly going to bring out your individuality.

Kinda annoyed we needed an episode to get Cal/Kira on the run when that's what they spent all last season doing but Team Hendrix made up for it.

That's kind of why I'm still watching despite the Castor thing not being especially interesting, and why I still watch this show despite its unevenness.

Despite the Sarah Show being a complete conspiracy pile-up in Aisle X and taking up way too much time considering how boring it is, the Cosima and Helena Shows are OK and I'm glued to every moment of the Alison Show because it is hilaaaarious.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

DoggPickle posted:

I actually just rewatched seasons 1&2 and the change in Delphine isn't "Oh, she got a better job", it's more WTF happened in the off-season because this person is completely different. Trust me.

I'd screenshot it if I could on this computer, but I think my new favorite moment from past seasons is when Donny grows the balls to walk out to that van and take a picture of Vic and the cop, and instantly, without thought, Vic throws this hilarious hand sign and mugs for the camera like he's taking a selfie. Vic was a lot funnier the second time through. "It looks like he was attacked by elves". :lol:
Her behavior towards Rachel makes some sense(she thinks Rachel had Leaky killed, she is likely aware Rachel intentionally destroyed the stem cells they extracted from Kira, she may even think Rachel had Duncan killed, Rachel is a massive bitch to almost everyone), but her suddenly being in charge and having a handle of what's going on? It's like Foreman being in charge of Princeton Plainsborough in the last season of House. And this doesn't even have any time gap.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I first thought the scene where the male clones freaked out that random lady was just something they do for fun when they're out and about but then she told Art & Beth that they collected a hair sample from her? Was that their mission and if so ... What?

One of these days the writers are gonna come up with a plot for Allison that has anything to do with the rest of the show and something other for Helena to do than getting held captive by different groups every season.

I like that the Castor staff still use Blade Runner tests in 2015. :)

Getting rid of Cal & Kira for a while was probably a good idea, between the ex-cult couple, the new male clones and all the regular cast the show's runtime seemed spread thinner than ever in the first two eps.

Also that ending seemed like the shittiest way possible to remove a tattoo, especially when you're still really easily identifiable by EVERY OTHER PART OF YOUR BODY

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 26, 2015

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Guys, what if Helena isn't just hallucinating that the scorpion is talking? Could open up a whole new direction of storytelling for this show.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The scorpion is the best new character.

Illinois Smith posted:

I like that the Castor staff still use Blade Runner tests in 2015. :)

I liked that they were using 1337 pro gaming mice with it for extra sci-fi doodads.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Fist me.

It's crazy how much better this show is during storylines that aren't about the conspiracies upon conspiracies.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Lycus posted:

Fist me.

It's crazy how much better this show is during storylines that aren't about the conspiracies upon conspiracies.
Mostly, I think its because the show's conspiracies leave me confused. Not in a "woah, what just happened I want to know more" kind of way, but in a "that seemed like a revelation I was supposed to get. What am I missing? Do I need to rewatch?" way that just leaves me kind of uninterested.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Illinois Smith posted:

One of these days the writers are gonna come up with a plot for Allison that has anything to do with the rest of the show and something other for Helena to do than getting held captive by different groups every season.

Once Helena gets free of the Castor project people, have her stay with Allison during her pregnancy. Send me all the money orphan black writers.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Goddamn it I forgot the time and missed it, does anyone know when a re-run comes up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

13Pandora13 posted:

Goddamn it I forgot the time and missed it, does anyone know when a re-run comes up?

If your cable company has BBC America On Demand it's on that. Otherwise it runs again next week before Ep 3.

• Locked thread