Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

closeted republican posted:

How are the shotguns off the bat in KF2? I'm hoping they aren't weak pieces of poo poo with very little penetration.

they kill

Insert name here posted:

I hope that at some point TWI adds a feature that lets me temporarily "down-level" myself.
2:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEezwSgOMw4&t=2s
not sure what this is exactly, but it could be related. sounds like a prestige system of some kind which while it isn't the same, it'd at least be some way to put yourself at a low level

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

How are the shotguns off the bat in KF2? I'm hoping they aren't weak pieces of poo poo with very little penetration.

They're really fuckin good, and the medic gets a shotgun that can also shoot healing darts.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Randler posted:

Quick question, will Killing Floor 2 be available on something not-Steam? :ohdear:

PS4. If you meant another store for the PC, I don't think so (at least not for EA). Do you have an issue with Steam?

Is anyone interested in setting up a 6-pack?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Geight posted:

They're really fuckin good, and the medic gets a shotgun that can also shoot healing darts.

And there's a berserker tagged Shotgun that can turn into a semi-auto rifle at the push of a button. Which is fantastic for a Support, because it's a rifle and shotgun in one that also gets you berserker XP while still using your support passive. And the semi-auto mode also has the penetration from Support passives from what I've seen.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Super Dude posted:

Is anyone interested in setting up a 6-pack?
I might not be getting the game for another month, but if the offer is still open when I get the game, I'd be up for that.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
KFs shotgun is my favorite since doom 2, glad it's still super satisfying.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
We're less than 20 hours out from SEA, and there's been word on the street that Australia (and others) may get a censored version for local release. Obviously this means I'll have to get a US goon to buy for me, but surely this close to SEA Tripwire would know if they have to have a cut version available or not?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Gromit posted:

We're less than 20 hours out from SEA, and there's been word on the street that Australia (and others) may get a censored version for local release. Obviously this means I'll have to get a US goon to buy for me, but surely this close to SEA Tripwire would know if they have to have a cut version available or not?
Is this due to your lovely prime minister I've heard a lot about orrrrrrr

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

echronorian posted:

KFs shotgun is my favorite since doom 2, glad it's still super satisfying.

The basic pump shotgun is not that great sadly though (except for the reload animations, those are great). All the other shotguns make up for it.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

DatonKallandor posted:

And there's a berserker tagged Shotgun that can turn into a semi-auto rifle at the push of a button. Which is fantastic for a Support, because it's a rifle and shotgun in one that also gets you berserker XP while still using your support passive. And the semi-auto mode also has the penetration from Support passives from what I've seen.

Berserker xp while using support passive? I thought the rule was you either use the weapon meant for your class and get xp for the kills or you use whatever you wan't and get no xp whatsoever from the zedkills. Since the nailgun is for the zerker the zerker is the only one that can get xp with it. That's how I understood it at least.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Super Dude posted:

Do you have an issue with Steam?

I'm German. Using my regular steam account might run into issues depending on the rating bodies here.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

Nah you get XP for doing the things the perks list as giving XP.

Medic: Heal dudes/Kill Zeds with Medic weapons
It even makes sense for support because the medic shotgun is drat awesome

Support: Weld doors/Kill Zeds with Support weapons
Only the welding really makes sense - apart from the AA-12, you're probably not going to touch support weapons as non-supports

Berserker: Kill Zeds near teammates with melee/Kill Zeds with Berserker weapons
The former is probably not going to happen all that much for non-Zerks and the latter is also probably not going to happen for non-Zerks. Except for Supports, because the Nailgun is a Shotgun that behaves as toggleable penetrating semi-auto rifle/shotgun

Commando: This I don't recall 100% but I'm fairly sure it's Kill Zeds with Commando weapons/Kill Stalkers with Commando weapons
This one sucks because there's no sensible reason to get xp for it as a non-commando. The Commando weapons are uniformly assault rifles, which none of the other perks get passives for - on the other hand Commando has the sickest Passive of all: % Weapon damage. Commando knows how to shoot guns, any guns (and melee too, but what self respecting commando would use melee).

You can do all those things as any perk, but as you can see some make more sense to than others.

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 20, 2015

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Metrohunter posted:

Does Tripwire still have the rights to use Harry Enfield's likeness in their game?

This very very important question got left out on page one.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

DatonKallandor posted:

The basic pump shotgun is not that great sadly though (except for the reload animations, those are great). All the other shotguns make up for it.

Does this mean the Combat Shotgun feels like an overall improvement compared to the basic shotgun now? It was literally the only shotgun weapon I didn't like in KF1.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

not sure what this is exactly, but it could be related. sounds like a prestige system of some kind which while it isn't the same, it'd at least be some way to put yourself at a low level
Yeah but I really don't want to reset myself to 0 permanently. :(

DatonKallandor posted:

Commando knows how to shoot guns, any guns (and melee too, but what self respecting commando would use melee).
Clearly the answer is fixable bayonets

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I actually preferred the pump action to the combat shotgun during the beta.

FishMist
Apr 24, 2005

*sniff sniff*

Gromit posted:

Personally, I don't think we need to worry now that we an R rating available for games now.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

Section Z posted:

Does this mean the Combat Shotgun feels like an overall improvement compared to the basic shotgun now? It was literally the only shotgun weapon I didn't like in KF1.

I have literally no idea because I never bothered to buy the Combat shotgun. I always had either not enough money for an upgrade from the basic pump, or enough money to go to the Medic Shotgun and from there to the AA-12. Frankly that might be a bit of a problem with the pricing. I hope Tripwire doesn't take the Nailgun and Medic Shotgun being good for off-perks as a reason to nerf or restrict perk weapons somehow for off-perk use, however.
But I guess:

Geight posted:

I actually preferred the pump action to the combat shotgun during the beta.
I didn't miss out on much (except some Support XP, which I made up for with Medic XP during the Medic Shotgun times).

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

DatonKallandor posted:

I have literally no idea because I never bothered to buy the Combat shotgun. I always had either not enough money for an upgrade from the basic pump, or enough money to go to the Medic Shotgun and from there to the AA-12.
But I guess:

I didn't miss out on much (except some Support XP, which I made up for with Medic XP during the Medic Shotgun times).

I'm just going to take this answer and file it under "No", if you didn't consider it even worth so much as looking at during the entire beta :v:

KF1 the Combat shotgun compared to the generic Pump action-
Pros: Semi auto.
Cons: A base cost up to $1,000-$1,750 more than any support weapon but the AA12
Held less shots than the vanilla shotgun (6, instead of 8)
Had a slower reload speed than the vanilla shotgun.
Not as cool as a double barrel boomstick.

Unless the KF2 Combat Shotgun has more to it compared to the stock shotgun than "It has semi-auto", or at least isn't WORSE than the stock shotgun outside of that, yeah...

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Gromit posted:

From the store page for KF2 :

NOTE: It is quite likely that there are some regions where we may be required to make cuts in the future, particularly in the gore system, to comply with local ratings boards, once we get the game into its full release status. Regions most likely at risk of this are Germany (via USK) and Australia (via OFLC). Japan is another possibility (via CERO), but is an unknown quantity to us. To be quite clear: this means that, if you are buying from a region which regularly forces cuts on to games for gore, you may get reduced gore when we go to the full release version of the game.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Questioner86 posted:

NOTE: It is quite likely that there are some regions where we may be required to make cuts in the future, particularly in the gore system, to comply with local ratings boards, once we get the game into its full release status. Regions most likely at risk of this are Germany (via USK) and Australia (via OFLC). Japan is another possibility (via CERO), but is an unknown quantity to us. To be quite clear: this means that, if you are buying from a region which regularly forces cuts on to games for gore, you may get reduced gore when we go to the full release version of the game.

God bless :patriot:, where only nipples and penises are verboten by our puritanical government overlords.

Don't every jump in a 6-pack on the first day, I plan to give it 24 hours or so from launch to work out all the day-one oshit problems, then buy on Thursday or so and install it during the day while I'm at work on Friday so I'm all ready for the weekend :dance:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I'll probably do the same. Buy early and install during the week so the weekend can be spent murdering and dismembering zeds.

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder
How much is EA going to be?

69.99?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
e: ^ $30-40 depending on the version you buy.

WRT lovely countries who won't get full gore (aside from a general gently caress you, you pussies! :911: ) :

You should wait 'til other people confirm this is region gift-able since Steam apparently started limiting such things in the last year. Just to make sure you/your gifter don't get hosed like your laws. :911:

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder
Whoops! Guess I should have Googled a little harder, it's gonna be 32.99 canadian

Wait. 32.99?

:getin:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Randler posted:

I'm German. Using my regular steam account might run into issues depending on the rating bodies here.

I am sure you thought of this, but would using a VPN or having someone buy it for you? If the latter will work we might be able to work something out

E. Woah thread moves fast.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I love the standard pump action shotgun in KF1. I hate it in KF2. Every other shotgun is great though. Still wish Support could carry more grenades though

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I love the standard pump action shotgun in KF1. I hate it in KF2. Every other shotgun is great though. Still wish Support could carry more grenades though

Oddly, as powerful as it is I just don't like using the AA-12. I feel like if I use it for normal specials then I am wasting valuable Fleshpound ammo, which means the only time I have it out is to frantically magdump into a fp or skrake then spend the rest of the encounter reloading

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Insert name here posted:

Clearly the answer is fixable bayonets

Can support get one too?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Questioner86 posted:

Yes, I read that but was hoping it was known one way or the other by now. It's not like SEA bypasses any censorship issues.

FishMist posted:

Personally, I don't think we need to worry now that we an R rating available for games now.

Given that there is no mention on Steam of the new Mortal Kombat being censored, I can hope they won't touch KF2. MKX is way more extreme in their fatalities than KF2 will ever be.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Capn Beeb posted:

Can support get one too?

:agreed:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

God bless :patriot:, where only nipples and penises are verboten by our puritanical government overlords.

Don't every jump in a 6-pack on the first day, I plan to give it 24 hours or so from launch to work out all the day-one oshit problems, then buy on Thursday or so and install it during the day while I'm at work on Friday so I'm all ready for the weekend :dance:

That's what the closed beta is for. They've done the day one patching and stress testing already.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Replace lettuce with zed head :black101:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Capn Beeb posted:

Replace lettuce with zed head :black101:

This gives the strange impression that they had stuffed that lettuce full of glitter before exploding it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

That's what the closed beta is for. They've done the day one patching and stress testing already.

Helps that they are only doing matchmaking and stats and not the actual p2p server hosting.

See, AAA? See how much better dedicated servers are?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I still expect problems on day one because of how many people will be trying to access the game at once.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Oh no! Somebody made a map with all the weapons and enemy spawns literally called Testmap! Can we permaban this guy for loving hacking?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I still expect problems on day one because of how many people will be trying to access the game at once.

Honestly, I kind of like that period. It's fun being part of a brand new thing with lots of people and bitching about it

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Nah, I don't expect it to have many issues. The GTA V PC launch kinda only sucked for about a half hour then poo poo ran smooth. The KF 2 stress test went great, etc etc. I imagine if there are problems it will most likely just be a few hours instead of days of crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Major day one problems pretty much always happen for online games. The idea that they actually might not for kf2 is kind of interesting.