Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Serious Frolicking posted:

The idea that they actually might not for kf2 is kind of interesting.
Then release hour comes and Murphy's Law takes effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

UltraVariant posted:

Then release hour comes and Murphy's Law takes effect.

Murphy's law would be not enough people interested to buy an "our servers can't handle it" amount of copies :saddowns:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Chard posted:

Honestly, I kind of like that period. It's fun being part of a brand new thing with lots of people and bitching about it

That's how all multiplayer games are, they are the most fun when they are brand new and no one knows the Sick Strats yet. Especially MMOs, but applies to pretty much anything.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Tripwire have you considered talking to Overkill for some of that sweet cross promotion? I want to rob banks as Mr. Foster. :allears:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Grapplejack posted:

Tripwire have you considered talking to Overkill for some of that sweet cross promotion? I want to rob banks as Mr. Foster. :allears:

Please no. Please, please no.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Lemme spoil everything for you. The sickist strat and best protip of all: Shoot 'em in the head 'til they dead.

I think the main problem will be not enough servers. It might be hard to actually find an open slot.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Skoll posted:

Please no. Please, please no.

It's time for endless power creep weapon DLC. :unsmigghh:

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I wouldn't be opposed if KF2 decided they wanted to have the Hotline Miami character DLC like Payday has, though.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

My hype level for this game has gone from "Might pick up when it's cheap and established like I did with KF1" to "Probably getting on release when it's a little more put together" to "Definitely buying over my phone when Early Access drops and remote downloading so it will be ready when I get home" in, like, a week.

It must be incredibly exciting for Tripwire to have so many people with such intense interest in an early access release, but I certainly don't envy them right now.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

DoombatINC posted:

My hype level for this game has gone from "Might pick up when it's cheap and established like I did with KF1" to "Probably getting on release when it's a little more put together" to "Definitely buying over my phone when Early Access drops and remote downloading so it will be ready when I get home" in, like, a week.

It must be incredibly exciting for Tripwire to have so many people with such intense interest in an early access release, but I certainly don't envy them right now.

Speaking of which, do we have any information on download size? How big was the beta?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Hour posted:

Speaking of which, do we have any information on download size? How big was the beta?

Beta was 4.2 gb.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Will KF2 support server-side mods/mutators like the one that showed what country everyone was from in KF1? Or the ones that showed how much damage you were doing per hit?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Will KF2 support server-side mods/mutators like the one that showed what country everyone was from in KF1? Or the ones that showed how much damage you were doing per hit?

The personal damage/kill counter is definitely one of my favorite mutators. I've also gotten used to being able to weld each other's armor back up, but that's probably unbalanced outside of the crazy everything-mod servers. But firing a grenade into a group of zeds and filling the top left of your screen in damage numbers and like 'killed Crawler + 5' is straight up QoL that needs to be an option in the base game.

And yea right now my biggest concern is finally getting in the game and seeing hundreds of servers with 6/6 players all the way down :(

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

6/64 :getin:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Grapplejack posted:

Nah, needs to go all the way to absurdity and add Keanu Reeves (as voiced by Simon Viklund) as the heister to join the KF crew.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'd be down for added character packs a la Payday 2, even though they've been doing that since before Payday 1. What I'm not for is paid weapons ( even though it was great they eventually adopted the Community Pack ) that invites massive power creep. I've been a big supporter of Tripwire through the years simply because they've never followed the lovely DLC practices that other devs do.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Takes No Damage posted:

But firing a grenade into a group of zeds and filling the top left of your screen in damage numbers and like 'killed Crawler + 5' is straight up QoL that needs to be an option in the base game.

Toggle-able damage numbers are the greatest and should be in every game

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ruggington posted:

Toggle-able damage numbers are the greatest and should be in every game

As are customizable hit sounds.

The Sonic the hedgehog ring pickup noise is just perfect for that, satisfying for single and full auto :allears:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Most of the videos I've seen have featured players just firing relentlessly at mobs, but when I played KF I always tried to go for headshots whenever possible unless in Full Goddamn Panic Mode. Did they increase ammo counts or otherwise change the ammo system to be less of a burden on the players, or is this just because Sharpshooter/Gunslinger isn't an available perk yet?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Epsilon Plus posted:

Most of the videos I've seen have featured players just firing relentlessly at mobs, but when I played KF I always tried to go for headshots whenever possible unless in Full Goddamn Panic Mode. Did they increase ammo counts or otherwise change the ammo system to be less of a burden on the players, or is this just because Sharpshooter/Gunslinger isn't an available perk yet?

Classes have less ammo then they did in KF1. Medic and Commando both have to pump a fair bit of bullets into things to kill them.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Aiming for the head is still always a good idea. Also use the alt-fire on Commando weapons to set them to burst/single shot and conserve ammo while popping heads!

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
111 posts since yesterday and they're all poo poo, nerds. See you in 12 hours when there is a game to play.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Akumos posted:

111 posts since yesterday and they're all poo poo, nerds. See you in 12 hours when there is a game to play.

mom taught me not to play with people who insult my posting

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Godspeed, with my HDD dead my desktop or s out of commission for who knows how long. Enjoy it, I'll have to live vicariously through the thread.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Epsilon Plus posted:

Almost every pub group I've been has been a full group of Commandos who center of mass autofire. I've played with Akumos before and we both seem to top kill lists when we played together.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I played a few games with this one commando who never used headshots, even by accident. One time he was the sole survivor and for some insane reason he only used his pistol despite grabbing like 5 ammo pickups and going past several weapons until everyone heckling him drove him to suicide. Takeshi Kovacs made me look good, and I suck a whole lot.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Shoot, even in those early PCGamer videos you can see how the commando would just hipfire all the time, and even on the off-chance that they headshot a Bloat, they'd still pump another magazine into the headless, shambling body.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

never kiss a gun street girl again
Good work, Tripwire dev goons. Hope the crunch wasn't too bad to get it out the door.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Part of it is console parity. I don't know if Titanfall had it but with Evolve the PC has to wait for a console patch even though there is literally no reason to and it's a factor in 2K killing it. The inverse of this is Payday 2 in which PC users got more content than they could ever want and the console versions were pretty much the same as launch for half a year or maybe a whole year or possibly to this day, I don't know.
Playstation 3 got a fair bit of support, as well as quickier patches. Pretty sure it only lagged behind the PC version a update or two at the most.

The 360 release was utter trash though. It was the still buggy as poo poo PC beta version got released, and didn't get patched to anything resembling fun to play until 2 whole months after. Thanks to Microsoft's patch policy at the time of loving studios in the rear end for hilarious sums of money before letting them submit anything even for certification, it meant they had to cram more stuff into fewer patches.

To be honest, it makes me really loving wary of buying the nextgen version, even though I love the hell out of the franchise.

Section Z posted:

As are customizable hit sounds.

The Sonic the hedgehog ring pickup noise is just perfect for that, satisfying for single and full auto :allears:
If they release a DLC on consoles to make headshots make a rubber-ducky squeaking sound, I will buy it in a heartbeat.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Target Practice posted:

Godspeed, with my HDD dead my desktop or s out of commission for who knows how long. Enjoy it, I'll have to live vicariously through the thread.

UNLOCKS IN FIVE HOURS

GET HYPE

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I have a final tomorrow. Goddammit, I just want to explode zombies.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I wonder if steam will treat this as a different title on the technical level. Nothing a copy paste wouldn't fix but definitely something to keep an eye on.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

DeusExMachinima posted:

UNLOCKS IN FIVE HOURS

GET HYPE

I found an old schedule from 2008 while purging old papers from a drawer. I had joted down "Play Killing Floor" three times in it.

It is a sign. I am hype, I am as hype as a man can be.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I've whopped my wad on the counter and I'm ready to shell out me dosh! Sadly I'll be at work for the first 6 hours of release but at least it'll still be on my drive thanks to the beta.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I can't wait to get anywhere from 20 to 30 hours into playing this game and realize the matches aren't different enough from the last one to keep my interest. KF/Payday/L4D why can't I love you? :smith:

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

This better have Christmas mode. I only know the enemies as the Elves, Gingerbread men etc cos my friend and I only played it in the holidays

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
When I first heard about Killing Floor, I laughed and was like, "Man, I guess people are copying Left 4 Dead now"

Then I played it and it was good and now I will buy Killing Floor 2 today.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Shima Honnou posted:

When I first heard about Killing Floor, I laughed and was like, "Man, I guess people are copying Left 4 Dead now"

Then I played it and it was good and now I will buy Killing Floor 2 today.
Doesn't the KF mod predate L4D?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Hopefully the EA should be available as soon as I get home from work. Loadsamahney :homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I think I'll have to make a minor tweak to my config. I could get 60 fps most of the time on full ultra, but it would dip. I wonder which single setting would give the best boost if taken down a notch. I'm on a i5-2500k with a r9 270 and don't know what is bottlenecking it.