Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Rorus Raz posted:

Doesn't the KF mod predate L4D?

Not that there really is that much in common between the two, other than multiple people trying to not get killed by zombies by shooting them, and the boomer. The themes, feel, and overall game play are pretty different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
If you played in the beta KF2 might not show up on the Steam front page because Steam considers the game already in your library. :downs:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

One hour until TripWire gets rich

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Gentleman, it has been a pleasure. Soon we will all die from our hearts exploding from the excitement.

Even if not for the fact I like DJ Skully, and 3D Glasses, the fancy edition would be worth it because of the cool soundtrack and "Not a loving joke" sized art gallery (Unless "over 200 images!" counts the amount of zeds in one screenshot as individual images or something bonkers). The freebie copy of KF1 is also nice because it is easy to forget it still costs :10bux: :10bux: when it's not having one of it's countless 90% off sales.

Yes it's an old game, but that's still a game that costs twice as much as the price difference between normal and fancy KF2 purchase all by itself if you didn't happen to have it yet and wanted to see what the old one was like.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

20 minutes folks!

Stick this in the OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

its in the OP

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ah, my bad. Carry on then goons.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

What the poo poo is this "Coming Soon" business?!?!?!?!

why won't they take my lodsamoneh

EDIT: Sorry the impatience got to me. I sincerely apologize!

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 21, 2015

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Buy Buy Buy

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Uh, could another goon that participated in the beta tell me if they can launch the game ?

EDIT: Be sure to restart steam if you got in the beta !

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Games up. :getin:

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Have fun!

And yes, I just tried buying a copy on a beta account and you may need to restart steam to launch the game.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.
How do these six packs work? I bought it as a gift and added it to my inventory. Do I have to add the six pack to my library before I can start giving copies to people? I've never bought a multi-pack on Steam before. I want to give Killing Floor to my friends.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Xyretire posted:

How do these six packs work? I bought it as a gift and added it to my inventory. Do I have to add the six pack to my library before I can start giving copies to people? I've never bought a multi-pack on Steam before. I want to give Killing Floor to my friends.

It used to be that you couldn't even buy multi-packs as gifts. I believe activating it should give you the game plus five extra copies in your inventory.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Install's coming in at around 9GB. Not bad for something of this caliber.

Woops, misread it. 4gb download. Awesome.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 21, 2015

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Sorry if I misunderstood, but does the deluxe content show up right away if you buy it? I bought the deluxe edition but my copy didn't download anything extra.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Enjoy my :10bux:, Tripwire. Deluxe Edition purchased, got my PC at home downloading. Can't wait to get in and do this poo poo.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

Peewi posted:

It used to be that you couldn't even buy multi-packs as gifts. I believe activating it should give you the game plus five extra copies in your inventory.

This is 100% how it worked. Thank you. And thanks to Tripwire I am now downloading this.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
For people in the beta, Steam store is telling me that I won't be geting KF1 or 2 becuase I already own them cause I was in the beta. I'm hesitant to pay $40, then try to deal with steam support if poo poo hits the fan. Is it safe?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

gonna have a nice steak dinner then sit down to smash some Zeds

both barrels for you you bastards

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Require More Fire posted:

Enjoy my :10bux:, Tripwire. Deluxe Edition purchased, got my PC at home downloading. Can't wait to get in and do this poo poo.

Oh, right. I totally got that the first try...

Not like I could go insane and buy the Delux edition after anyways. Steam is very strange about this sort of thing and tells you "You already own this! Gift only"

EDIT: Steam support is notorious and I'd hate to use my "One Refund" on rebuying the same game. How exactly do I go about getting the Deluxe edition stuff since I misspurchased the normal edition? Even if I wanted to wastefully throw another 40 bucks at this game, bundle deals like to go "You already own this idiot, you are only allowed to buy this as a gift!"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 21, 2015

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Broose posted:

For people in the beta, Steam store is telling me that I won't be geting KF1 or 2 becuase I already own them cause I was in the beta. I'm hesitant to pay $40, then try to deal with steam support if poo poo hits the fan. Is it safe?

We're working on this weirdness with Valve right now. Wish I could say that I'm totally surprised but I'm not.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I continued thru the purchase but I don't know if I got the game or not. Hopefully I did!

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I loved the beta but won't be able to play this until the weekend. Throw some dosh around for me. :(

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.

alg posted:

I continued thru the purchase but I don't know if I got the game or not. Hopefully I did!

If you don't see it, restart Steam. Worked for me.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I was in beta and never deleted it. Bought the game off Steam fine and I didn't have to download anything, let me right in. Literally the same build.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Questioner86 posted:

We're working on this weirdness with Valve right now. Wish I could say that I'm totally surprised but I'm not.

Also, can you make sure that the Digital Deluxe Edition gives the copy of KF1 as a gift so I can give it to maybe the one or two people in the world that don't already have it? Or was it how Tripwire wanted it to be?

Skoll posted:

I was in beta and never deleted it. Bought the game off Steam fine and I didn't have to download anything, let me right in. Literally the same build.
Well, did it tell you that you were not going to get KF1 or KF2 on the checkout page?

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I kind of want to buy a 6 pack, but I also want to get the deluxe edition, and I think steam is wonky in that if I buy the deluxe edition it won't let me buy the 6 pack, even if I choose to buy it as a gift. Is there a way around this?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

year199X posted:

I kind of want to buy a 6 pack, but I also want to get the deluxe edition, and I think steam is wonky in that if I buy the deluxe edition it won't let me buy the 6 pack, even if I choose to buy it as a gift. Is there a way around this?

I've never seen a <number>-pack on Steam allowed as a gift, since the way they work is that you get a copy and then <number-1> copies pop up in your inventory. Sort of blows to be honest.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

year199X posted:

IIRC They will be releasing all of the deluxe edition separately in a bit.

Oh hey, right, I preordered a goonserver. I guess I should set that up :v

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

year199X posted:

There's an upgrade to the deluxe edition available.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Peewi posted:

What is my loving failure with "Scroll down more" today :doh:

...Oh, it wont let me buy the upgrade because I already own the game :downs: But that's fine because at least now it's not 100% my own idiocy, just 99%

vvv Yeah, it's not the end of the world or anything, just excited. I'm honestly impressed at how fast things are being sorted in general, somebody on the steam forums just commented that I wasn't crazy, that Deluxe upgrade button wasn't there when I last looked all of two minutes prior.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 21, 2015

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
It'd be nice if the six-pack included the deluxe edition content. I want to slam my friends list with the best possible version of HD zed killing.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Peewi posted:

Oh, nifty. That solves that then.

Guess it's time to make some random friends happy.

Edit: They literally just added the upgrade button to the steam page. Thanks TWI.

year199X fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 21, 2015

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
^^^ well poo poo nevermind then, that is an improvement over how things used to work.

Section Z posted:

Oh, right. I totally got that the first try...

Not like I could go insane and buy the Delux edition after anyways. Steam is very strange about this sort of thing and tells you "You already own this! Gift only"

EDIT: Steam support is notorious and I'd hate to use my "One Refund" on rebuying the same game. How exactly do I go about getting the Deluxe edition stuff since I misspurchased the normal edition? Even if I wanted to wastefully throw another 40 bucks at this game, bundle deals like to go "You already own this idiot, you are only allowed to buy this as a gift!"

TW have said that all the Deluxe content will be released as regular DLC (at full game launch maybe?), so you should be able to get your hands on everything eventually.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I can't use any of the menus because I have a 360 controller plugged in, good job loving something really basic up

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Rorus Raz posted:

Doesn't the KF mod predate L4D?

By a loooong time yeah.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Broose posted:

Also, can you make sure that the Digital Deluxe Edition gives the copy of KF1 as a gift so I can give it to maybe the one or two people in the world that don't already have it? Or was it how Tripwire wanted it to be?

Already sent off that e-mail to Valve. We absolutely intended for it to be a giftable copy.

Also, DDE Upgrade should be in the store page and DDE content should be showing up for people who own it. Restart Steam if you're still having issues!

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

Hmm, I had the "already own KF2" beta problem thing and went ahead and bought it. It's in my library but will only download 4.6gb instead of the full 9gb. Wouldn't start up when it was finished, so deleted it and went to redownload but it's still only downloading 4.6gb. I'm using a new hard drive, so the beta files are definitely not on here still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I am sure you thought of this, but would using a VPN or having someone buy it for you? If the latter will work we might be able to work something out

E. Woah thread moves fast.

Having somebody else buy it was how I got KF1. There are how however some games where even that would not work, seemingly dependant on why the game got cut in Germany and the phase of the moon. (Steam is kinda inconsistent in how it enforces that kind of stuff but I don't want to complain too loudly or else they might notice that having Early Access games which have not yet passed by the rating board at all might be extremely problematic. :v:) So I'd like to avoid taking any chances if possible.