Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

The_Frag_Man posted:

How long has that dumbass been living there without remembering/realizing who Narugino is? That's what I wanna know.

E: Why hasn't that teenage dumbass triggered yubafication before the story begins? He should be familiar with, and if it's triggered by sexy stuff should have triggered it before since he's a teenage kid in a girls body.

We see human-form Yuta see panties twice without yubafying, but then previous-loop Yuta yubafied while being superhero dude. I suppose that yubafying is more intentional when you're just a normal person, but in spirit form, you're a egg without a shell, so you get set off more easily? Also why Yuta can't nosebleed-go-unconcious now unless spirit-Yuta does, probably

In non-spoiler talk, yeah, this is my "unexpectedly good show" of the season, even if I'm still confused as poo poo about whats going on. The setup wouldn't have prepared for me for actual honest to god plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Well, its a safe bet that Turtle Man won't show up a second time. The question now is what leads Miyazawa Kenji to attack Gliese, as well as what happens on the 26th, which is Ghost-Yuta's 2nd lost day.

It also seems obvious beyond doubt that Tsubochi Qmay is/was Guriko in Pine's body, but that doesn't explain why s/he founded the Qmay group, nor why they're trying to build W.

Rabura getting posessed waaaaaaaaay before any of the Uberfied kids existed points either to Spirit-Yuta or to Chiranosuke. It seems odd that that event would be consistent in every timeline thought, since Current-Yuta didn't posess Rabura as a child.

Also, it seems kinda dickish of Chiranosuke to not tell Yuta(s) about how events have previously turned out. It would help a ton if Yuta knew whether he was retreading steps to a doomed future, and it seems likely that this would have happened atleast once in the past 6.whatever billion times

Arianya fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 28, 2015

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

So wait, if Gliese is Guriko/Pine, who was the spirit posessing Turtle Man? And for that matter, who was the spirit posessing young psychic lady? It seems now like that was a act in line with the Qmay group's plans, since without it Meika would never have been created and no one could have hacked into the AFSPC servers, but it definitely wasn't Guriko (who still has a body) or Pine (who is stuck in his own personal time loop at the moment) or Chiyoko (who uh... pretty much seems to know nothing other then Uberfication). Either theres gonna be even higher levels of time fuckery, or theres a fourth spirit hanging around.

And again, a lot of this would have been solved if Chirosuke had just said "yo btw Gliese is Guriko, they wanna use the satellite to steer the asteroid into the planet". He seems to be more interested in getting Yuta to do what he says then in the whole "Humanity Preservation Project"

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I thought he was gonna become a W and "win" that way, but his promise to protect all life on earth doesn't really make sense if thats so, and they made too much of a big deal of that for it to be a casual lie.

My guess is that the rocket we keep seeing in the OP is the Qmay Group's "ark". Yuta will hitch a ride on it and in some way disrupt the asteroid or straight up push it off. No idea with the past stuff. Maybe Chiyoko learns to ghost walk and does it? The spirit of Tsubochi is still hanging around somewhere, and he may not take well to having been lied to by his protege.

The unanswered questions seem to be:

1) Who goes to the past and posesses Rabura to make her forewarn the Professor of the future?
2) Who initiated the Human Salvation Project? Who/what is Chirosuke?
3) The gently caress happened to Guriko to turn her from semi-selfish uberfied kid into outright cultist with psycopathic tendencies?
4) What the hell is ghost Yuta up to? We've not seen him for a while, and one presumes hes not just sitting in the disused apartment jerking off.

Arianya fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jun 12, 2015

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Considering that there are fixed events in every loop such as the posession of Rabura and the sending of the fax. Since Ghost Yuta explicitly went back to do that... and to posses himself... isn't it most likely that he went back to the first timeline, thus establishing the stable time loop?

Which also means hes doomed to failure. Kinda sucky.

e: I mean, obviously he succeeds at his stated goals, but he can't succeed at saving the world.

• Locked thread