Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaelan Zero
Nov 30, 2004

smut

The_Frag_Man posted:

But he's from the yuba experimentation place, if he can figure out how to do it in human form now, nothing should have stopped him doing it before except that he is an idiot.
In the flashback the scientist dude was upset about how the kids 'knew how to' Ubafy but weren't doing it. The only finally did it when they were in extreme peril. It's not that weird that Yuta never bothered to do it if he didn't have a reason. He might not have even known that he could - Narugino knows because somebody taught her.

I keep wondering what kind of insane justification Uchikoshi will come up with for the cat but maybe there won't be any justification. Maybe he's just a cat ghost.

Kaelan Zero fucked around with this message at 13:56 on May 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaelan Zero
Nov 30, 2004

smut

Conot posted:

So wait, if Gliese is Guriko/Pine, who was the spirit posessing Turtle Man?
Tsubouchi QMay, the founder of the QMay group. Guriko is a leader, not the founder. (Probably because after the river incident the group captured her and brainwashed her)

Conot posted:

And for that matter, who was the spirit posessing young psychic lady?
Pine is the most reasonable answer out of the current cast. Anyone else would either not have a motive to do what possessed-Rabura did, or would have a motive to do that plus other things. Whoever did it was looking out for Chiyoko.

Kaelan Zero
Nov 30, 2004

smut

The_Frag_Man posted:

How could that be? I would expect 12 episodes minimum..
Noitamina is usually 11 episodes, but Punch Line has been confirmed to be 12 episodes.

If anyone was going to do a bad end for this kind of series, Uchikoshi would be a strong candidate, but I think this is headed for a good ending. He's probably just going to pull something relatively expected out of his rear end (something the previous plot and dialogue indicated was impossible).

Kaelan Zero
Nov 30, 2004

smut
As far as this show's trans themes go, "I won't let you kill yourself and you're stuck in the wrong body forever" is pretty loving dark.
The way Ghost Yuta in the ending is upset seeing Chiyoko wearing girls' clothes is simultaneously kinda adorable and cruel.

I can't decide whether the implication at the end is that the loop continues iterating and the Yutas try to find a route where they don't die... or whether this is implied to just be the Good Ending and there are no better options? Chiranosuke said it was something like loop 6 billion, so maybe this is ~it~. That sucks.

Yuta's choice to die seemed kind of like an rear end in a top hat move but I guess it sort of makes sense given that Guriko was effectively brainwashed and abused for like a decade? In that context letting her just off herself as 'penance' would be pretty hosed up.

This is definitely not what I expected from Uchikoshi but I think I'm happy to be surprised this way, even if the show as a whole was kinda iffy.

• Locked thread