Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

baquerd posted:

We could get a better option there, but then it would dip past the benefits level and we'd actually be paying money for it, and there's no real desire to do so.

I heard back from one lawyer, but it seems it would be expensive to bring this and my actual damages are less than clear-cut. My best bet may be to work directly with a nearby DOL EBSA place and bug them until they do something.

Hey OP, did you contact the EBSA about this yet? I am curious as to how your wife's issue turned out.

For what it's worth, I was an intern at the investigative arm of the EBSA for a short time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Elephanthead posted:

I don't have a problem with anything the OP has described about this plan. Not all jobs are good.

The expense ratios are way out of touch with what is normal.

It really has nothing to do with the quality of the job; this is probably due to someone who was delegated a task just not giving a poo poo about setting things up properly. It's not like the employer is "paying less," they are just loving up.

• Locked thread