Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I don't think you can have employee contributions be mandatory. It must be the non discretionary employer match that you are calling the employee contribution. I don't think employee contributions ever need to vest either. I assume you requested the plan document?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So the contributions are left over from a cafeteria plan or cafeteria like plan? Does the plan have other options? Like life insurance? Dental? Lower deductible health insurance? I think your goal should be using up all her benefit money on other items if the 401k is terrible.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I don't have a problem with anything the OP has described about this plan. Not all jobs are good.

• Locked thread