Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ocrassus posted:

I told you that wasn't a good place to hide the bodies

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

atomicthumbs posted:

Where I work, the only cable and charger we actually buy new from aliexpress and keep in stock are Lightning cables and Magsafe chargers. This is because there is constant and high demand for both, and because we almost never get a working one in. All the ones people drop off for recycling, with or without the things they came with, don't work.

e: we charge $10 for cables and $45 for chargers and they both last longer than the apple ones. lol.

would you mind linking the magsafe charger you buy?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Wulfolme posted:

i never hosed up an ipod cable but my monoprice 30 pin fell apart. still works though.

some of us are just good at stuff

actually you probably have these backwards. monoprice cables don't fall apart like the apple ones.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PuTTY riot posted:

what kind of headphones do u swim with?

very carefully

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

here for everyone talking about lightning cables, a full blown review of a bunch: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-lightning-cable/

(those anker cables work great for me so far)

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

yeah because i get apple care for less $$$ and replacement ear buds and a non-apple 10 foot lightning connector that doesn't break. apple care doesn't do that

AppleCare+: $99 for two years with $79 accidental damage service fee

Geek Squad Protection: $159.99 for two years with $149.99 accidental damage service fee

Addz
Apr 13, 2015

Linux Pirate posted:

@ apple visual aesthetics come before functionality

bc computers are art

pram
Jun 10, 2001

duomo posted:

Geek Squad Protection: $159.99 for two years with $149.99 accidental damage service fee

lol .

pram
Jun 10, 2001
u pay extra for epic long cables ftw

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

duomo posted:

lmao

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lp0 yr dumb as hell kid

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
all you need to do is mention the applecare price, and they will reduce it

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

all you need to do is mention the applecare price, and they will reduce it

i love best buy's business model

"our prices in store dont match our own website, but we'll price match bestbuy.com if you call us out on it"

gently caress best buy

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

mishaq posted:

i love best buy's business model

"our prices in store dont match our own website, but we'll price match bestbuy.com if you call us out on it"

gently caress best buy

everything and everyone pretty much sucks at best buy, but it does give you an opportunity to get a holy piece of hardware on day 1

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
all my apple cables and monoprice apple cables are just fine OP

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
best buy aka amazon.com showroom

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i'm too busy probing your mother

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Shifty Pony posted:

tbh "i've had to drop $300 on power supplies because they keep breaking" is a pretty big complaint. unless the apple store will just throw a new one at you if you bring the old one in in which case I need to run to the apple store to get one replaced right now.

also if you need a new lighting cable amazon's lighting cables are the bomb.

yeah they do just that I got a free one one for a frayed cable 3 years after purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
lol at how much worse every other power adaptor is.

• Locked thread