Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

You have to kill all the good posters that make this place worth $10, such as

gamingo is already dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
These have been a rough few days for Skyrim modder James Ives. "I've received countless death threats, attacks and hateful comments," he tells Polygon. "Just about everything you can think of."

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

These have been a rough few days for Skyrim modder James Ives. "I've received countless death threats, attacks and hateful comments," he tells Polygon. "Just about everything you can think of."

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SunAndSpring posted:

Ride out the storm they told us.

Stick with it they told us.

Everything will be fine in a few weeks they told us.

It's just the typical reaction to a change they told us.

What they didn't tell us about was the bus they sent hurtling down the highway that just rolled us: http://steamcommunity.com/games/Ste...632365253244218

Way to go. Fracture the community permanently and then piss off the very group of people you're likely to invite back for another attempt. Fat chance. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I am HIGHLY unlikely to accept an invite back under any circumstances unless it's for far more favorable conditions and a written promise not to chicken out over a bunch of trolls on the internet.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Without modders, Steam will nev-- oh hey, all three Crysis games for $20!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Without modders, Steam will nev-- oh hey, all three Crysis games for $20!

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Aw man, how am I now gonna get rich on Skyrim hats?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

James Ive: If I see another ASCII middle finger, I don't know what I'll do.
Maury: Well let's find out. Bring 'em in!
*double doors burst open and men dressed as ASCII middle fingers pour into the auditorium*

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sir John Feelgood posted:

*double doors burst open and men dressed as ASCII middle fingers pour into the auditorium*

lmao

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Sir John Feelgood posted:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!

Ropekid's just pretending that he's not impressed.

bukkits
Mar 7, 2013

:regd08:
I don't know how I feel about paid mods even though they're gone now. I feel like it would end up like a phone app store where it's mostly filled with cash grabs and stuff just not worth the money.

The number of 15 year olds out there in desperate need of cash to buy the next CoD doomed that poo poo even if it got going properly.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

bukkits posted:

I don't know how I feel about paid mods even though they're gone now. I feel like it would end up like a phone app store where it's mostly filled with cash grabs and stuff just not worth the money.

The number of 15 year olds out there in desperate need of cash to buy the next CoD doomed that poo poo even if it got going properly.
Interesting analysis. Can you expand on it?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

bukkits posted:

On the other hand nobody is forcing you to buy mods. .. loving christ pe9ple paid mods would have been epic

Dec 26, 2012

elf help book posted:

Ride out the storm they told us.

Stick with it they told us.

Everything will be fine in a few weeks they told us.

It's just the typical reaction to a change they told us.

What they didn't tell us about was the bus they sent hurtling down the highway that just rolled us: http://steamcommunity.com/games/Ste...632365253244218

Way to go. Fracture the community permanently and then piss off the very group of people you're likely to invite back for another attempt. Fat chance. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I am HIGHLY unlikely to accept an invite back under any circumstances unless it's for far more favorable conditions and a written promise not to chicken out over a bunch of trolls on the internet.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
so if you did opt to sell your mod, were you obliged to update it when a skyrim update came out?

Soral
May 30, 2009

you werent obligated to do anything. capitalism bitch

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Now Playing: Bad Bretons - Pay to CHIM

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the real barrier that was holding back steam is now gone

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh hell yeah.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

That's what's up.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Wormskull posted:

[Spends the majority of mine and my parent's adult lifes funding the development of tyrannically controlled art assets and information.] [Le face when I see a mario ragdoll with functioning nutsack falls through the cracks of the DMCA and anti-infringement policies for a weekend on the Steam Workshop.] [White suburban pussy impersonation of Samuel L Jackson:] This is where this motherfucka Draws the mother loving LINE! Bitch!
Lol

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Black Baby Goku posted:

15 years ago we would have created an amazing mod that became a full fledged game without being paid!! [looking directly at Gabe Newell] he's a Jew! He's a Jew!!!! Look it's a Jew! Ahhh you see! It shocks you! It shocks you to see him down voted on reddit you stupid MOTHER-FUCKERS!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

15 years ago we would have created an amazing mod that became a full fledged game without being paid!! [looking directly at Gabe Newell] he's a Jew! He's a Jew!!!! Look it's a Jew! Ahhh you see! It shocks you! It shocks you to see him down voted on reddit you stupid MOTHER-FUCKERS!

surc
Aug 17, 2004

moddergate

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I'm the first with that right?

Dec 26, 2012

god willing, you will be the last too

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Michael Richards
Michael Richards

Michael Anthony Richards (born July 24, 1943) is an American actor, three-time Emmy Award winner, writer, television producer, and comedian, best known for playing Cosmo Kramer on the television show Seinfeld, which aired from 1989-07-05 to 1998-05-14 on NBC.
Sourced
Laugh Factory incident

Fifty years ago we'd have you upside-down with a loving fork up your rear end!
They're going to arrest me for calling a black man a friend of the family?
You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now motherfucker. Throw his rear end out. He's a friend of the family! He's a friend of the family! He's a friend of the family! A friend of the family, look, there's a friend of the family! Oooo! Ooo... All right, ya see? It shocks you, it shocks you, to see what's buried beneath, you stupid mother fuckers!
Well, you interrupted me, pal. That's what happens when you interrupt the white man, don't you know?
Cracker-rear end? Are you calling me cracker-rear end, nigga?!
He's a friend of the family! He's a friend of the family! He's a friend of the family!
It is uncalled for you to interrupt my rear end you cheap motherfucker!

- responding to the heckler saying "That was uncalled for"

Whats the matter, too much for you to handle?"
Ohh, I guess you got me there. He's absolutely right. I'm just a wash up. Gotta stand on the stage.

- responding to the heckler saying "You're not funny! You're a reject! You never had no shows! You never had no movies! 'Seinfeld' that's it!"

""Kramer's" Racist Tirade -- Caught on Tape". TMZ.com. 2006-11-20. Retrieved on 2006-11-23.

For me to be at a comedy club and flip out and say this crap, I'm deeply, deeply sorry.
"'Kramer' Apologizes, Says He's Not Racist". CBS News. 2006-11-21. Retrieved on 2006-11-23.
Appearing on the Late Show with David Letterman (2006-11-20)
I'm not a racist, that's what's so insane about this!

External links

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Michael Richards
Michael Richards

Michael Anthony Richards (born July 24, 1943) is an American actor, three-time Emmy Award winner, writer, television producer, and comedian, best known for playing Cosmo Kramer on the television show Seinfeld, which aired from 1989-07-05 to 1998-05-14 on NBC.
Sourced
Laugh Factory incident

You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now motherfucker. Throw his rear end out. He's a friend of the family! He's a friend of the family! He's a friend of the family! A friend of the family, look, there's a friend of the family! Oooo! Ooo... All right, ya see? It shocks you, it shocks you, to see what's buried beneath, you stupid mother fuckers!
Well, you interrupted me, pal. That's what happens when you interrupt the white man, don't you know?
He's a friend of the family! He's a friend of the family! He's a friend of the family!

Ohh, I guess you got me there. He's absolutely right. I'm just a wash up. Gotta stand on the stage.

- responding to the heckler saying "You're not funny! You're a reject! You never had no shows! You never had no movies! 'Seinfeld' that's it!"

""Kramer's" Racist Tirade -- Caught on Tape". TMZ.com. 2006-11-20. Retrieved on 2006-11-23.

For me to be at a comedy club and flip out and say this crap, I'm deeply, deeply sorry.
"'Kramer' Apologizes, Says He's Not Racist". CBS News. 2006-11-21. Retrieved on 2006-11-23.

External links

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They're going to arrest me for calling a black man a friend of the family? and It shocks you, it shocks you, to see what's buried beneath, you stupid mother fuckers! are champion sound.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Evil Cole [Play-Station All Stars Battle Royale]: Oooh, it shocks you, it shocks you!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

FactsAreUseless posted:

Evil Cole [Play-Station All Stars Battle Royale]: Oooh, it shocks you, it shocks you!

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmo

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Michael Richards
Michael Richards

Sourced
Laugh Factory incident

External links

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Michael Richards
Michael Richards

Sourced
Laugh Factory incident

External links

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

• Locked thread