Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I hope that Steampunk takes on a new face and it's guys who go out in the streets in Skyrim helmets and block up traffic with picket signs written in epic fantasy prose.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is the Exploitation Menu Replacer With Music! mod available on the workshop. My wallet!

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

this guy's classically trained

good poo poo lol

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
The real victim here are the developers of Bad Rats because stupid skyrim mods of horse buttholes will become the new gag gift to buy during Christmas gifting trains.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Givin posted:

The real victim here are the developers of Bad Rats because stupid skyrim mods of horse buttholes will become the new gag gift to buy during Christmas gifting trains.

somone please pull an epic prank on me and buy me skyrim and the horse butts

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
People have been trying to get others to buy their RPGmaker garbage for money on Steam for years now, what's so different about this? Charging for their mod just makes me 0% likely to try it. No skin off my back.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

somone please pull an epic prank on me and buy me wwe 2k15 and the paige dlc

Dec 26, 2012

elf help book posted:

somone please pull an epic prank on me and buy me wwe 2k15 and the paige dlc

Korthal
May 26, 2011

The once nice thing to come out of all of this is that I finally got all the DLC cheap because Skyrim went on sale again :shobon:

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
On the bright side of all this, publishers are now seeing dollar signs at the thought of implementing mod support in all of their games.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Frank Horrigan posted:

On the bright side of all this, publishers are now seeing dollar signs at the thought of implementing mod support in all of their games.

Holy poo poo. You're right

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

elf help book posted:

darealkooky getting real

hes real with u

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
oh wow they are removing donation hyperlinks (patreon et al) from the descriptions

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Nah.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of this idea.

I like to download mods sometimes, and normally they're free. This benefits me because I don't want to pay for them.

If it becomes normal for mods to cost money, then I'll have to pay for them.

So this is bad for me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

If you use the steam workshop for skyrim mods you deserve to he fleeced by legendary businessman Gabe Newell.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of this idea.

I like to download mods sometimes, and normally they're free. This benefits me because I don't want to pay for them.

If it becomes normal for mods to cost money, then I'll have to pay for them.

So this is bad for me.

The funny part is that pretty much every mod they debuted with is trash anyway

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I bought the thing in the OP and gifted it to 3 friends of mine - huge Skyrim fans - as well. Very awesome step forward, OP.

I didn't get anything.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you use the steam workshop for skyrim mods you deserve to he fleeced by legendary businessman Gabe Newell.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i dread the day when paid mods become a thing for cities skylines

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I'm not paying anyone a drat cent, once I finally reinstall and play heavily modded Skyrim.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
luckily shlongs of skyrims is inelligble for the steam worskhop so we'll always have free dong

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

oh wow they are removing donation hyperlinks (patreon et al) from the descriptions

lol

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
pcgaming is dead right when i ordered a new vidcard

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

lol what a dipshit

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
"Consumer-hostile practices"? Nice try, troll. Ever hear of innovation?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
You think those are mods you're playing? It's called content, and it's time to compensate the creator

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Black Baby Goku posted:

You think those are mods you're playing? It's called content, and it's time to compensate the creator

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i effin love the word content.
so glad they changed "patch" to "content update"

sounds way better. like im getting free poo poo! holy poo poo!

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
DOn't want to pay an extra $60 to use these mods that were stolen from the authors and DMCA'd off of their original hosting? Sounds like somebody's never heard of an open marketplace. :rolleyes: Typical gamer entitlement.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Are steam mod codes getting added to lootcrate now

I'm asking for a friend

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Maybe think about the modder, hitlerftw1488, who's surely starving on the streets atm, coding insanely detailed horse nuts from a dirty alleyway on a broken laptop, whom I suddenly care about after calling him a fail shitlord for years in my dozens of pages of posts in the Games thread, Awesome/Awful Game Mods: Tit spikes and Fiveheads. gently caress you. Have some drat respect for content creators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Maybe think about the modder, hitlerftw1488, who's surely starving on the streets atm, coding insanely detailed horse nuts from a dirty alleyway on a broken laptop, whom I suddenly care about after calling him a fail shitlord for years in my dozens of pages of posts in the Games thread, Awesome/Awful Game Mods: Tit spikes and Fiveheads. gently caress you. Have some drat respect for content creators.

• Locked thread