Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What the? Valve is trying to scam people out of money without having to actually invest anything into developing a product? Zuh!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i dont really like mods

the only mod I ever installed was a new Vegas one that added more songs to the radio because I was sick of hearing Johnny guitar so many times, but I couldn't get it to work right

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The modders are apparently getting paid in Steam wallet money. Valve gets all of the profit lmfao

That's really hosed up actually lol. Valve are comically Jewish at this point

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

closeted republican posted:

the reaction to this is the best part of it. watching diehard steam fanboys suddenly want steam to burn to the ground for this while jacking off to origin and uplay is one of the the best things thats happened regarding steam in years

I bet dude.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Hahaha, yea... Just like you have to back up your entire Steam library so you don't have to pay 6,000 dollars to download it all again. Oh wait. Get your head out of your rear end. It's 2015. Nice to see, especially in today's political and economic climant, and considering that for a game like Skyrim in particular, where many great modders are doing comparable work of what we ignorantly might distinguish "Actual" developers, where people can get a little, you know... Compensation for there work, like back in the old and days. So this one goes out to the hard working modders! I wish you well and a pleasant bounty...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

darealkooky posted:

bethesda and valve get most of the money

Oh no! The company that developed the base game, and the company that gives gamers hundreds of games they'll never play away for pennies on the dollar, are teaming up to give me epic user made content for 1 to 5 dollars? Watch Bush start a war over this sh*t.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They need to release mod tools for motherfucking Postal 2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sir John Feelgood posted:

You think I'm making the whole Simpsons family in Skyrim for my health, you cheap gently caress?

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Q: Whats the difference between Valve's Steam gaming platform and the somethingawful.com forums?

A: On steam, the mods are paid.

M-M-M-M-Monster Kill Kill Kill Kill

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Third Street Skyrims

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How easy is it to make a Skyrim mod that will 100% crash the game without fail? It's for a project.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Really easy and you can embed it in something that appears to work well until you want it to gently caress up.

I've got some research to do tonight.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Make sure to "borrow" assets from people's mods that are already up on the Nexus. If you want to see some incredibly petty poo poo that's a good way to instigate it.

All I want to do is make a pay what you want Uninstall Mod, unless someone already has.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I guess I can stop installing Skyrim and its mod tools. Shame, I bet I would have made a killing on selling The Uninstall Mod for $0.99

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

These have been a rough few days for Skyrim modder James Ives. "I've received countless death threats, attacks and hateful comments," he tells Polygon. "Just about everything you can think of."

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's gone again

http://store.steampowered.com/app/362890/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

qnqnx posted:

it made it come out
the system works

It's not done yet

Adbot