Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The modders are apparently getting paid in Steam wallet money. Valve gets all of the profit lmfao

this isnt true tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

but if you order a refund in the 24 hour grace period it comes back to you in the form of steam wallet funds, regardless of how you paid for your mod

Soral
May 30, 2009

if you buy a mod (such as the plugin that puts hats on skyrim npcs when it rains (suggested price $6.25)) and then two days later the creator pushes out an update that breaks the mod and then bails on it you can't get your money back lol

Soral
May 30, 2009

If you find that mod has broken or is behaving unexpectedly, it is best to post politely on the Workshop item's page

Soral
May 30, 2009

*pulls out wallet and leafs through small denomination bills* how much for *looks at you over sunglasses* the uninstall mod?

Soral
May 30, 2009

youre not allowed to look at the comment sections of paid mods anymore, unless you pay

Soral
May 30, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

If a lurker fixes my loving avatar that would be deece

yeah also someone fix the extra space under my av that got created when they deleted the bonzi's buddies tag (rest in piece)

Soral
May 30, 2009

Pablo Gigante posted:

The guy who made the Art of the Catch fishing mod used another modder's animations without permission, when he got called out on it he decided to take all his mods off of Steam but Valve won't take down the Steam pages

lol

Frog Act posted:

tripwire interactive updated the eula for killing floor 2 to not allow paid mods

lol

Soral
May 30, 2009

how long did you spend making this

Soral
May 30, 2009

alright, i admit it. im the guy who made the horse vagina mod. i just wanted some compensation for my hard work

Soral
May 30, 2009

bonermobile posted:

i didn't spend anything because i didn't make it

maybe you should consider compensating the person who made it.... what youre doing is basically piracy

Soral
May 30, 2009

thank you for reminding us all of the silver lining. god bless and stay safe everyone

Soral
May 30, 2009

im going to make a paid mod for hatred. please consider purchasing.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Soral
May 30, 2009

i would not pay for a mod but that hasn't stopped me from putting my horse vagina mods on sale on steam. its a dog eat dog world for modders and only the ruthless survive. i will be making serious bank while the competition waste all their money buying eachothers mods......

Soral
May 30, 2009

gabe newell said in that reddit q&a that all the mail they got about paid mods cost them a million dollars

Soral
May 30, 2009

hey if anyone wants to send me a donation or a tip for my work in the animal genitalia modding field please feel free to send me a game on steam. the removal of the paid mod system means i can no longer support myself full time on my art but if anyone wants to show their appreciation then please feel free. thanks in advance

Soral
May 30, 2009

im happy that your av is back

Soral
May 30, 2009

e: its a pretty good av. was sad to see it go

Soral
May 30, 2009

accidentally hit reply instead of edit lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral