Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I bought the thing in the OP and gifted it to 3 friends of mine - huge Skyrim fans - as well. Very awesome step forward, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

AHungryRobot posted:

well guys, i'm gonna go back up my mods so i don't have to pay 50$+ to download them again.

Hahaha, yea... Just like you have to back up your entire Steam library so you don't have to pay 6,000 dollars to download it all again. Oh wait. Get your head out of your rear end. It's 2015. Nice to see, especially in today's political and economic climant, and considering that for a game like Skyrim in particular, where many great modders are doing comparable work of what we ignorantly might distinguish "Actual" developers, where people can get a little, you know... Compensation for there work, like back in the old and days. So this one goes out to the hard working modders! I wish you well and a pleasant bounty...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Having reread the post I might of made my own in the wrong context, since I thought he was just being snide about a hypothetical person buying 50$ of mods and then having to reinstall them later, rather then having them now and having to reinstall them later without being "grandfathered" in, so to speak. My apologies. The latter point of my post still stands.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Mod my rear end

Payment method:
My Steam Wallet ($0.00)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

darealkooky posted:

it's hosed up to take the majority of the profits on other peoples work spent fixing your lovely game, posting under several layers of irony isn't gonna change that.

It's hosed up to act like the companies who make the game in the first place don't do the same thing to there employees you eternal fuckrod. Suck this sack and either start pirating everything or shut the hell up. Pussy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's hosed Up To Take The Majority Of The Profit's On Other People's Work...
-- Man in American McDonald's Drivethrough, talking about when steam let people pay a pittance to modders who did things for free for 30 years.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I hope that Steampunk takes on a new face and it's guys who go out in the streets in Skyrim helmets and block up traffic with picket signs written in epic fantasy prose.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is the Exploitation Menu Replacer With Music! mod available on the workshop. My wallet!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you use the steam workshop for skyrim mods you deserve to he fleeced by legendary businessman Gabe Newell.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

LOL at the punk rear end beitches who have qualms about paying for awesomely curated and perhaps modified copyrighted content.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[Spends the majority of mine and my parent's adult lifes funding the development of tyrannically controlled art assets and information.] [Le face when I see a mario ragdoll with functioning nutsack falls through the cracks of the DMCA and anti-infringement policies for a weekend on the Steam Workshop.] [White suburban pussy impersonation of Samuel L Jackson:] This is where this motherfucka Draws the mother loving LINE! Bitch!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

Let's just be honest here, the vast majority of mods are garbage and what few good ones there are tend to come out a decade after anyone stopped caring about the game.

Or are just nifty little hud gui changes, those mods are cool, but lol at paying for that poo poo.

The game they debuted with, Skyrim, for like 6 years hasn't left the top seller list of steam probably largely based on mod support alone. Talk about developers riding on other people's work. Oh, but it's still somehow immoral to see that they get ANYTHING for there efforts, huh? gently caress you...Turd... Your part of the problem.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I can't wait to retire by making sweet skyrim mods this is a gamers dream!

I wish you a pleasant bounty.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Real Foogla posted:

I hope the goon who made SPERG becomes a sykrim millionaire

I hope a nongoon made SkyRe or something and puts the goon out of business. Goon's are being WAY too ingrateful for this feature Gaben bestowed upon us.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Imperials... Imps... In Russian literature... The Imp is a Jew... Gaben... Fairly Jewish name... Jew's are known for being shady and slick with money... Gaben has destroyed the modding community for perosnal gain... You tell me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Korthal posted:

:catholic: He was also the Archangel that told Mary that she was pregnant with the son of god.

God rhymes with mod. There is a stone of the Pool of Bethesda (Also Jewish in origin... TYhink THAT'S a coincidence?) in St. Mary's cathedral... Gaben made "mary" (Steam in the old testament. Look it up) pregnant with mods, and now he is taking away the mod community and replacing it in his own image. Gaben believes he is the hebrew God of the old testament. Newell (El means God). Tell me that Hitler1488FTW isn't on to something in the mod description of his horse nuts mod on the Workshop. Please. Grow up and observe the fact's that are before your eyes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dead Gay Romans posted:

like in the grand scheme of things it's a pretty meaningless dumb thing.

but anyone trying to pretend that this is meant to be some great boon to modders to totally give them the fair compensation they deserve (questionable at best for like 95% of mods to begin with) can eat a dick because this is a pretty transparent money grab by Steam.

It's really loving weird too, like isn't Steam wildly successful beyond their possible dreams at the get go. I assume they are making money hand over fist for being nothing but a glorified digital library for video games, so why push such a sketchy and controversial thing down people's throats now?

Did gabe develop a crippling gambling addiction?

Mhm, yes, definitely weird that the greatest businessman on earth has come up with yet again, another way to make money that, by the way, is not compulsory. If you only want to support free mods, then your perfectly at liberty. If you'd like to show some gratitude to mod makers who often went on nothing at all in the past, then now it's easier then ever.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh, and it's totally not insane and demented to think this means GabeN has a gambling addiction. Really? gently caress off. It's a calculated move, and in the end, as time in time again has shown, the master businessman GabeN will emerge triumphant as usual.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[Tyrone voice:] holy poo poo lol if you really think Steam charging for mods is a good and fair idea.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

On one hand, Notch is a tiny bit of a sellout... On thje other, The Best Gamers are insane rear end AIDS and Notch made Heavily Modded Minecraft possible, and is awesome.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Jolly Swagman is my spirit brother, so I have a tendency to hate landlords.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Paid Mods Are Epic

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The one barrier that was truly holding PC gaming back is now up again http://steamcommunity.com/games/SteamWorkshop/announcements/detail/208632365253244218

The Bullshit Goons have won again. Anti-paid mod supporting idiots take note of the underlying benevolence described in this apology. You, yourself's, are now culpable for the ultimate destruction of the modding community when modders are no longer willing to work tiresomely for free. You were warned.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Richard Gamingo hangs up his call with Gabe Newell, setting the phone in its cradle with barely a click. He smiles to himself. The crisis is over. Gaming lives another day.

"Game... and go!" he cries, rocketing into the sky.

Richard Gamingo is an accomplished business man so it would not surprise me at all to find out that he's been on the horn with GabeN from time to time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

He's the hero you ungrateful pieces of poo poo don't even deserve, but just the one we need right now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The games skyrim mod thread is cool because its got dudes saying "looks like some people owe me a drat apology now".

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The best goon posts look like something g0m, or skylark or wormskull would post as a joke.

'Tis where I draw my inspiration.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

EggnogCharlie -1 points 2 hours ago
Valve took an arrow to the knee. That is their punishment. Let us hope they learned from this.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh hell yeah.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Michael Richards
Michael Richards

Michael Anthony Richards (born July 24, 1943) is an American actor, three-time Emmy Award winner, writer, television producer, and comedian, best known for playing Cosmo Kramer on the television show Seinfeld, which aired from 1989-07-05 to 1998-05-14 on NBC.
Sourced
Laugh Factory incident

Fifty years ago we'd have you upside-down with a loving fork up your rear end!
They're going to arrest me for calling a black man a friend of the family?
You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now motherfucker. Throw his rear end out. He's a friend of the family! He's a friend of the family! He's a friend of the family! A friend of the family, look, there's a friend of the family! Oooo! Ooo... All right, ya see? It shocks you, it shocks you, to see what's buried beneath, you stupid mother fuckers!
Well, you interrupted me, pal. That's what happens when you interrupt the white man, don't you know?
Cracker-rear end? Are you calling me cracker-rear end, nigga?!
He's a friend of the family! He's a friend of the family! He's a friend of the family!
It is uncalled for you to interrupt my rear end you cheap motherfucker!

- responding to the heckler saying "That was uncalled for"

Whats the matter, too much for you to handle?"
Ohh, I guess you got me there. He's absolutely right. I'm just a wash up. Gotta stand on the stage.

- responding to the heckler saying "You're not funny! You're a reject! You never had no shows! You never had no movies! 'Seinfeld' that's it!"

""Kramer's" Racist Tirade -- Caught on Tape". TMZ.com. 2006-11-20. Retrieved on 2006-11-23.

For me to be at a comedy club and flip out and say this crap, I'm deeply, deeply sorry.
"'Kramer' Apologizes, Says He's Not Racist". CBS News. 2006-11-21. Retrieved on 2006-11-23.
Appearing on the Late Show with David Letterman (2006-11-20)
I'm not a racist, that's what's so insane about this!

External links

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They're going to arrest me for calling a black man a friend of the family? and It shocks you, it shocks you, to see what's buried beneath, you stupid mother fuckers! are champion sound.

• Locked thread