Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the workshop integration is poo poo compared to basically any other mod manager, regardless of the other dumb aspects of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The modders are apparently getting paid in Steam wallet money. Valve gets all of the profit lmfao

that's hilarious

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
putting a donate button on mods would be cool, and i would be fine throwing my trading card pennies at modders i like. also, i wonder what nexus is going to do in response.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm looking at the faq for revenue on steam, and it appears as though they will pay out in cash, but that there's a minimum payout of 100 dollars us. so i would assume that it's funny money until you hit that breakpoint, at which point they cut you a check. you would also have to do your work in terms of withholding taxes on it, which seems like way more effort than it's worth unless you're hitting the high hundreds in sales.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

AHungryRobot posted:

holy poo poo, i thought this was some kind of prank or something. but nope, sure enough steam is seriously asking me to pay money for a mod i could have gotten for free a year ago.

technically steam is providing the platform, and the modder is asking for the money

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Maybe think about the modder, hitlerftw1488, who's surely starving on the streets atm, coding insanely detailed horse nuts from a dirty alleyway on a broken laptop, whom I suddenly care about after calling him a fail shitlord for years in my dozens of pages of posts in the Games thread, Awesome/Awful Game Mods: Tit spikes and Fiveheads. gently caress you. Have some drat respect for content creators.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
this whole episode was really funny. ty valve

• Locked thread