Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

If you use the steam workshop for skyrim mods you deserve to he fleeced by legendary businessman Gabe Newell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I bought the thing in the OP and gifted it to 3 friends of mine - huge Skyrim fans - as well. Very awesome step forward, OP.

I didn't get anything.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Red Mundus posted:

It is hilariously easy to just open his mod up in the CK and remove the pop-ups lol.

Congrats on being a thieving piece of poo poo, I guess.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Q: Whats the difference between Valve's Steam gaming platform and the somethingawful.com forums?

A: On steam, the mods are paid.

The Sopranos Ohs and Hos.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dead Gay Romans posted:

holy poo poo lol if you really think Steam charging for mods is a good and fair idea.

They get to make more money for doing absolutely nothing and justify it by tossing the "content creators" a pittance.

You don't understand what publishing is.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

pixelbaron posted:

its gonna be interesting to see what happens now that money is involved considering a good portion of mods in a lot of games are some autist assembling a humdred smaller mods and putting their name on it or someone with no art talent just stealing a bunch of copyrighted artwork or pulling textures from copyrighted photographs

You don't know poo poo about the blood, sweat and tears that modders, often in teams, put into their work without asking for a drat dime in return you stupid piece of crap.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

With the tireless work that the LOOT developers and the community put into maintaining up to date masterlists, not to mention Mod Organiser's experimental automatic mod sorting tool, that's unlikely to happen.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I like the guys saying valve don't deserve a cut because they didn't do anything...ever hear of goodwill? Brand recognition? Market share? Fixed costs? These little fuckwits couldn't make money off their piss boy mods without the costs valve has already sunk into making the platform what it is.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My freaking landlord doesn't even do anything and he has the drat cheek to ask me for money every week. Who the crap does this guy think he is? loving shady rear end in a top hat is what.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Appently SkyUi is paid now, which is awesome because it's probbaly the most essential mod in existence, both for what it does and the fact that every mod in the world relies on it. I guess I'm never playing Heavily Modded Skyrim again.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

if your landlord has 1 week pay periods he does sound pretty shady

Every single house I've lived in in New Zealand and Australia has weekly rent.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The only time I've had monthly rent, is when I lived in Glorious Nippon, and I assume that they just copy everything what America does.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Soral posted:

hey if anyone wants to send me a donation or a tip for my work in the animal genitalia modding field please feel free to send me a game on steam. the removal of the paid mod system means i can no longer support myself full time on my art but if anyone wants to show their appreciation then please feel free. thanks in advance

Stfu.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

The Bullshit Goons have won again. Anti-paid mod supporting idiots take note of the underlying benevolence described in this apology. You, yourself's, are now culpable for the ultimate destruction of the modding community when modders are no longer willing to work tiresomely for free. You were warned.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

When the 2 biggest (pun motherfucking intended) Heavily Modded Skyrim fans are against this backpedaling, you know valve hosed up.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Richard Gamingo hangs up his call with Gabe Newell, setting the phone in its cradle with barely a click. He smiles to himself. The crisis is over. Gaming lives another day.

"Game... and go!" he cries, rocketing into the sky.

Lmao.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

He's the hero you ungrateful pieces of poo poo don't even deserve, but just the one we need right now.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The games skyrim mod thread is cool because its got dudes saying "looks like some people owe me a drat apology now".

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

Well drat, looks like I won a few arguments among my friends. I hope they keep the donation system Gabe said they were planning, at least.

Nobody's saying NO MODDERS DESERVE MONEY EVER, the backlash was mostly against Valve for lovely implementation.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The best goon posts look like something g0m, or skylark or wormskull would post as a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mr. Pumroy posted:

now that i've single handedly destroyed paid mods it's time for me to go on the forums for my victory lap strut

You didn;t do anything except be a semi invisible turd.

• Locked thread