Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Replaced the front shocks on my ZJ 4PM in -15C, after getting some new shocks as a XMas gift. Could not keep the piston rod from spinning when tightening down the top nut / bushings. Vise-Gripped the uppermost part of the rod that would never see travel. Finish the job, only to wonder why I am down a pair of fairly new vise grips. Proceed to drive ~4500km over the next 3 months with snow, gravel, salt and brine spray splashed all up in the wheel well. When I got back home, 1200km and 20C warmer, from where I was working, I gave everything a pressure wash and found my now rusted to poo poo tool, still clamped on in the same orientation as it was left.

Also, leave the filler caps off of bikes when running the engine up after an oil change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread