Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CompactFanny
Oct 1, 2008

It's almost always a territorial issue. Are there outside cats that come around your yard? That can be a huge source of kitty stress and cause territorial peeing.

Another thing is, your post didn't mention, is she spayed? An intact cat is gonna pee all over no matter what you do because hormones. I assume she is but you never know.

How do your cats get along? Sometimes one bossy cat will prevent other household cats from getting to litter boxes and such because "this is mine." On the other hand she might be trying to use her pees to keep the other cat out of HER space. A good solution to this is cat trees and cat shelving, so they have the vertical space to stay out of each other's way and can move around the house either at ground level OR above it. So they can always avoid each other if they want to.

Good luck. Cat pee is the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompactFanny
Oct 1, 2008

Move the litterbox somewhere else. If it's in an area that she can block off with a pee spot she will. I would make that hallway a no-pee zone entirely, and keep using the enzyme cleaner if she does go there.

Is this area near a door to outside? If so I'd bet that there are neighborhood cats causing this. There are home-remedy type cat repellents floating around the Internet as well as stuff you can get at the hardware store, sprays and powders and stuff like that.

Depending on where you live, the local animal control may be able to help with unwanted cat removal.

• Locked thread