Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferryll
Sep 16, 2013

<3

I recommend watching some of Jackson Galaxy's MyCatFromHell episodes or his videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFphS8VMNZc Almost all of his information is about fixing cat behavioral issues (or human behavioral issues), to keep a cat in the home and not in a shelter. Tons of it is about cat pee. He's had ultrasonic repellent mechanisms as well as motion activated water sprayers on his show to keep animals away from the house, to prevent territorial marking.

You can also do little things, like putting away things she likes to pee on. She likes peeing on backpacks, so mount some hooks on the walls and train your kids to hang up their bookbags after school.
I would have really recommended waiting to replace your carpeting and underpadding until your kitty peeing issues were fixed first, but too late now. I think you may have set yourself for frustration in that regard.
Good luck and do lots of research. Your issue isn't an unusual issue at all and there are lots of resources on the web.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread