Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

darealkooky posted:

does it even have all the snes games the regular wii virtual console had

No

But something about this doesn't mesh right. Gamestop announced a fuckton of retro console services and trade-ins opening up next week, and gamestop has gotten exclusive re-printings of older games before. So for nintendo to piss out now makes me wonder if they're going to start selling older games through other channels and in physical form. Because the SNES and n64 hardware and software are highly in demand right now.

Either they do SNES on Disc Compilations more frequently for the Wii-U or they decide to manufacture their own SNES and n64 clone consoles with new carts of well known games(Nintendo still has the components). It was only in 2005 did they stop repairing the famicom systems because the parts were getting harder to find to the point where repair did not turn a profit. But they still have all the game boards and plastic cases on hand.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

coldplay chiptunes posted:

Can you mod a WiiU and install emulators on it because if so then I don't care about this at all.

you can do the wii softmod to the Wii-U's wii mode. But The Wii-U itself is a nightmare to use as an emulator.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Something something something Nintendo joining with a mobile developer and giving them their old games to release on android and IOS operating systems because that's been deemed more profitable than having a console system that very few people use something something something

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Willo567 posted:

How do we know for sure they're moving on? Only one person has claimed that they are

Look at the release schedule it's like a glacier. We'll know for sure in 2 years time when nothing new comes out.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SeXReX posted:

Naw, just my dad's side.

So that would make you a retard.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Good News Gamestop is picking up the slack

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=146110

those are trade-in values.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

NickRoweFillea posted:

holy poo poo chrono trigger is $90

Yeah it's crazy even the DS version is getting up there in price.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Sharmat posted:

my Super Nintendo is dead. it had a really long, full run, but it just couldn't keep going

I say this because one day it will happen to you, gamer

If you SNES breaks it takes about 20 minutes to fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Oh those are sale prices. Maybe I should buckle down and sell all my SNES crap on EBay or Craigslist, since I already own digital copies on Wii U of all the important games (Super Mario World and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island)

The trade-in values are to the left of the sale prices

• Locked thread