Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I hope Dash Rendar comes back.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I've only read the novel, but I understand the game was quite good. I believe there's also a trading card of Leia kicking Prince Xizor (who's the sleaziest guy ever; his special ability is being able to exhale rophynol) in the nuts, so that's cool.

The game was great for its time but aged poorly.

The releasing of his rohypnol pheromones turns him pink. Straight from the SOTE graphic novel:

Fortunately, Chewbacca interrupts, giving her enough time to realize that she'd been effectively drugged. She then stays behind to continue acting as a distraction while Chewie escapes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

VirtualStranger posted:

Holy poo poo that looks loving terrible

Multiple people apparently thought it was a good idea to have Leia get sexually molested by a green lizard man. What the gently caress. :psyduck:

The book also had some pretty hosed up lines during this whole thing. Xixor is a terrible, creepy, Mary Sue villain. I'm glad Leia kicked him in the balls, but I wish the whole situation never happened. I mean, there were some fun parts to the book too, but between this and Dash Rendar having to deal with PTSD, it sometimes went to weird places.

JediTalentAgent posted:

I guess you could say Vader's defeat came by his own hand in that case?

:hfive:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

HIJK posted:

Vader going full blown papa wolf on Xizor's rear end is the best part of Shadows of the Empire.

But he was being protective of Luke, not Leia.

He never even knew Leia had been captured by Xixor.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Wasn't Prince Xizor brought up in Spaced or Clerks with the main characters talking about how stupid the pronunciation of his name was?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
The Outrider has been confirmed as canonical: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/04/30/shadows-of-the-empires-outrider-confirmed-as-star-wars-canon

Whether or not Disney will extend that to Dash Rendar or any other Shadows-related material remains to be seen.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Don't forget about Rude C-3PO and the Fem Bot from Austin Powers!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

rear end Catchcum posted:

Can someone post the reading order for the comics? I know it was posted earlier but I can't find it

lol this thread is 4 pages long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I've given it a second chance since it's on Netflix, I'm enjoying it enough as something to put on in the background. The episodes that focus on droids, Jar Jar, or younglings looked pretty dull and I quickly skipped them, but any episode with space pirates, clone troopers, or bounty hunters is usually pretty good. Hondo is a great antagonist, and Ventress's arc gets progressively more interesting.