Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

ShineDog posted:

Those are Vaders droids no? I can't remember the exact origin but I quite like how on the nose it is. Here's Anakins evil mirror right down to his droids.

Triple 0's origin seems kinda muddy. The guy who's protecting his chip says that it's been contained for centuries. But after getting hooked into a body he says he was part of the same Tarkin Initiative that BT was made under. And Vader knew the access code to his chip, so I would assume it's the same Tarkin we know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

zoux posted:

Baby Poe!

The first issue will have him blow up a trade federation station at age 9.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

cptn_dr posted:

He's got about as much screentime as Leia got in EP IV.

Leia's actually on screen a lot in ANH

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

OhFunny posted:

Speaking of Vader. I can't wait to see him kill these upstart pretenders.

Her lightsaber is green so I guess she'll be revealed to be a good guy.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Endless Mike posted:

Nah, the Mon Calamari cyborg has multiple colors, including a purple one.

Was supposed to be a joke on Lucas' pickyness but I guess it wasn't that good :p

Well Vader Down was only stand alone for one issue and then ran through both Star Wars and Darth Vader series, so I don't see why it wouldn't affect their stories. And yeah it was good, Vader's a loving boss in it

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Ensign_Ricky posted:

So did anyone else find the artwork in this week's Star Wars to be a little...off?

And also, jesus Owen I get that you don't want Obi-Wan giving Luke stuff for something he's supposed to be grounded from, but to complain that you're the only one not being robbed by Jabba and raided by Tuskens is a loving dumb thing to bitch about. A simple "I don't particularly like you hanging around but...thanks for not letting us get murdered in our sleep." isn't much to ask.

It might make other locals resentful I guess, and being sideeyed by Jabba for being "untouchable" probably isn't a good thing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
He could probably force business owners to screw Owen on purchases or flat out not sell to him too.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Not to mention Obi Won tells Luke why he claimed Darth Vader killed Anakin in RotJ.

Similar question, I've seen it mentioned a few time that the movies straight up calls Jedi a religion, but the only times I can think of is Han and Motti in ANH and both times it's being dismissed as hokey superstition. Are there any instances of someone that actually understands the force calling it a religion?

Tarkin does in ANH, and he's shown in clone wars to sometimes work with the Jedi and obviously works with the emperor and Vader. But I suppose his level of understanding could be up to debate.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Order 66 was actually The Rapture.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

OhFunny posted:

Kanan is out today and Grievous looks badass.

I read this before I read the comic, and then I saw it was just a panel of him standing and got confused.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Where's my goddamned Vader?! :argh:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm trying to catch up on my sw books and I enjoyed seeing a ship like Kyle Katarn's in kanan.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah that rogue one poster looks like he just traced a picture. If he did that just by hand omg

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So far i think the only thing in the comics that ties into the movies is the arc where Poe's parents have sex and make a baby.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

zoux posted:

How Vader finds out about Luke is what I was referring to.

On yeah, even though I recently watched empire again and realized that whole thing is actually a weird retcon, that scene is way good.

And i see in addition to dumb c3p0 Vader is out today, so looking forward to reading that.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
R2 is complicit in keeping the truth about anakin from Luke.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Chopper is the straight rear end in a top hat

R2 is the "friendly" guy who actually relishes being a dick

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah tbh I was kinda upset that they brought that other droid onto the show at the end cuz I'm worried they're gonna change chopper's character from being just a straight jerk to everybody to only clowning on the other droid like r2 does, which will be much less fun.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm glad c3p0 was only a one shot cuz I just read it and it was barely holding my attention.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
They're gonna have a story about Yoda so I'm p sure they're gonna have clone war or earlier stuff

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The race to the bridge in this weeks sw was pretty funny

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Awesome
https://twitter.com/CBR/status/786311550155882496

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah, it's r2d2

As an aside, i thought the art in vader was good :shrug:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rirse posted:

How is the Dr Aphra book?

It's good but it's a lot different than Vader, it's like a black comedy Indiana Jones kinda??? The characterization of aphra seems to be different than how she was portrayed in Vader too, which is strange since they're both written by the same guy

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Looks like the maul mini will see the return of cad bane from clone wars

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The FOR REAL D-Canon Minis (Not Like Those Other Fake Ones) Vol. 1

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Wheat Loaf posted:

I haven't been keeping up with the main comic. When (if at all) is it projected to reach ESB?

Probably two years after they run out of good stories

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Huh well on the one hand I like the sound of more Vader but on the other I can't imagine soule being able to do Vader like gillen did

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Phasma was completely nondescript in characterization in her book but since its Kelly Thompson whos been doing amazing in hawkeye and jem im gonna give her the benefit of the doubt and stick with it

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Phasma felt like it was building up to a good ending but everything gets wrapped up really suddenly in the final issue and huge moments just get glossed over to get to that last page on time

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/sapphicgeek/status/958832049879732224

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
they are the leads of the movies

and there are three of them

three people is a trio

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
literally the first time we ever see vader is him angry yelling at leia and his subordinates

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Endless Mike posted:

It sure is!

(TBF, though, the other reviews that have actual things written have more reasonable criticisms, and only other one mentions that at all, saying it felt rushed, but not against the idea.)

Loved reading the story about a woman who worked for darth vader, who runs around with robots literally designed for killing people, where lots of people violently die with my kids. Not ready to talk about two women kissing

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Cant let The Gays invade my star wars

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Top Gun posted:

But keep doing that this tactic has already shown really great success in the real world as we’ve all seen

If only i treated bigots with respect, they would stop trying to kill me

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Xenomrph posted:

Don’t worry, the other article I’m tracking down is real cynical. :v:

I used to get in canon debates with members of the AvP community about whether the expanded universe is canon, now I get in different canon debates about whether canon matters at all. :suicide:

The AvP “canon” is such a nonsense mess that changes constantly that it’s truly meaningless. Like, Fox will come down from on high and say “everything from THIS POINT FORWARD is canon”, and then 2 years later Ridley Scott will release a movie that not only contradicts some of the “new canon” materials, but contradicts his own earlier movies.
Not to mention very little individual Alien/Predator stuff connects with anything else on a narrative level.

Nothing matters, enjoy what you want, ignore what you don’t.

That said, I’m a hypocrite because I get mildly annoyed when old Star Wars stuff I liked gets definitively contradicted (Keyan Farlander is no longer the lone surviving Y-wing pilot from the Battle of Yavin), especially when it’s an unnecessary change (again, Farlander), and I get a mild thrill when old EU stuff is “made canon” again (Dash Rendar, the old Han Solo adventures, the old Lando Calrissian adventures, Teras Kasi).

I think this maybe the only place i can drop this in long after the fact but i enjoyed your LPs

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i havent read any sw comics since that one aphra/main sw crossover where luke and aphra have to go to some crime lady's tower. anybody have an idea of how far back that was so i can start reading again

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ty ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
if dash rendar doesnt show up in the post esb run im declaring it non-canon