Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

VirtualStranger posted:

I just found out that John Cassaday will be leaving Star Wars after the end of the first arc in issue #6.

That doens't surprise me, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

I mean while you have to be a traditional fan to know who Mara Jade is, someone outside of the fandom could know who dash Rendar or Xixor is.

No one outside of fandom knew who Rendar or Xixor were.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Unless you owned the N64 game.

But those characters didn't permeate through the public conscious like Vader or Chewbacca or Yoda. Or even Jar Jar. Unless they were already Star Wars fans, mentioning Prince Xixor to anyone would only draw blank looks.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

zelah posted:

I'm really interested to see what of anything they do with the Old Republic period. KotOR was probably my favorite DH run (despite some real awful faces during the Vector issues )

If you're interested in reading DH stuff, I'd absolutely recommend KotOR, Legacy and Legacy v2, and Dark Times.

The Darth Vader and the... miniserieses are pretty good too.

What the hell's up with that artwork?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

ShineDog posted:

Clone Wars starts off hella rough, extremely kiddy, and theres not a lot in the first season worth watching, but while the series is made of short, mostly standalone arcs, it regularly calls back to earlier stuff enough that it's probably worth suffering through.

Season 1's first arc had Battle Droids laughing and cutting open escape pods to blow the occupants out into the vacuum of space. So yes, extremely kiddy.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

zoux posted:

Nothin. Being sad.

Obi-Wan somehow met Luke's family when he delivered the infant Luke directly into the hands of Lars Beru. If this was an EU story it would've been a six issue arc where Obi-Wan has to team up with sand people against some Imperial Moff who was also the father of the stormtrooper that bangs his head in episode 4 to liberate the king of the Tusken raiders from an evil factory with the help of the dad of the Bothan who got the Death Star Plans and the dad of the ice cream maker guy from Bespin and stop the flow of Bantha fodder from being used as fuel for a new Imperial superweapon that we've never heard of.

I always got the impression from ANH hope that Luke knew Obi-Wan before Obi-Wan rescued him from the Tusken Raiders. Maybe not in a Marty/Doc Brown kind of way, but he had probably seen him around a bit (maybe when he'd go to Toshi Station to pick up some power converters?), exchanged a few words with him now and then.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

zoux posted:

From an unlettered preview of SE #2.

Gotta say, some of the space battle art in the new SW books has been insanely good.

I don't think that AT-AT will be able to clear that building frame.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

IDW's publishing a Star Wars series:

https://twitter.com/io9/status/853005071000502272

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

Het, does anyone know any good Star Wars podcasts or YouTube channels to follow? I'm interested in getting deeper into the fandom and that seemed like a good place to start.

To the Dark Side, that leads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

is that for real are you making a lark?

Lark.