Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Wheat Loaf posted:

Long story short - Karen Traviss accused anyone who sympathised with the Jedi of "Nazi-think" and generally portrayed them as a bunch of inept fascists in her books.

Eventually, she quit the EU when Dave Filoni's Clone Wars series portrayed Mandalorian society and culture in a fashion (pacifists who have put aside their warrior past, with a revanchist fringe movement who cling to the old ways) which didn't jibe with how she'd been writing about them (uniquely skilled Jedi-killing badasses cum gentleman farmers). She did not like her work being ignored, having previously remarked that she didn't bother to read other EU material because she would just ignore it anyway.

God that woman is a oval office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

OhFunny posted:

I thought it was real low for the guy who blew up the Death Star or does the Empire still not know who did it?

As far as I can tell, it's a "general" bounty that just says "60000 for the Rebel pilot who blew up the Death Star".

Because I have no doubt that Vader's probably offering a shitton more behind the scenes.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

zoux posted:

Fuckin Noto man

:swoon: Is that who I think it is to the right of the Death Star?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Galaga Galaxian posted:

They only have to be kept away from Luke for four or so years. Maybe send them off into the unknown region on long term "Jedi Business".

Considering the rumors about season 3 introducing :swoon:GRAND ADMIRAL THRAWN!!!:swoon:, that could very well be the case.

I make no apologies for my fanboyism.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Wheat Loaf posted:

Cf. reaction to portrayal of Mandalorians in Clone Wars cartoon.

That was mostly the Karen Traviss fanboys.

And Karen Traviss.

gently caress Karen Traviss.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

jivjov posted:

So turns out the Vader ongoing comic is coming to an end as Issue #25. They had a planned story arc and are actually wrapping it up rather than stretch it on forever. I'm actually pretty okay with that

Awwww. :( I loved the hell out of the book.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Holy poo poo, that line from Aphra about the Emperor in yesterday's Darth Vader was loving hysterical.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Sentinel Red posted:

Surely she'd have to change her name and face. I mean, yeah, the galaxy's a big place and all but...

In any event, that epilogue practically gave me a flashback to the end of Shadows of the Empire, you just knew right away Gillen was going to pull a Dash Rendar with it. Also, the Sandpeople story owned, best thing about the issue by far.

I was a little confused by it. I mean, I get that they built a WICKER MAN DARTH VADER!!!, but they also sacrificed the survivor of his attack to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Jerkface posted:

Vaders art was among the worst aspect of that series imo

Counterpoint.

:colbert:

I'm sorry, but for a main character who has zero loving facial expressions, the art in Vader made you goddamn feel every ounce of rage and even exasperation Vader was feeling.